Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone here has put 2 bikes into the back of a pickup (2500 silverado) with a shortbed. I know it can be done but is there a way to tie down both bikes without damaging the fairings?

I've had 3 dirt bikes back there but those are a lot skinner.

Only have the 2 tie points in the bottom front corners and the 2 out back. Don't want to drill more holes hols for an extra tie-point...

·
Registered
242 Posts
i know that you can do it because i had to street bikes in the back of my isuzu pup and was making good time around the roads. i just did the usual and put straps both ways on the the triple clamps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that you can do it because i had to street bikes in the back of my isuzu pup and was making good time around the roads. i just did the usual and put straps both ways on the the triple clamps.
Didn't have issues with the staps in the middle of the truck rubbing the side of the bikes when it crossed?

It would be ideal to test fit both bikes up there but the gf is 200 miles away and with a lifted truck I want to move them around as little as possable

·
Registered
116 Posts
when i picked up my bike we also put an R1 in the back with it. the straps were slightly angled forward so they didnt touch any of the fairings. the tail gate was snug against the rear tires so the bikes werent going anywhere. one thing to note was his tie down spots on the truck were on the top of the sides of the bed, not on the floor of the bed like yours....

·
Registered
593 Posts
bike 1 on the left, bike 2 on the right.....strap from floor to left clip on bike 1, strap from floor to right clip on bike2, leave straps loose at this point. now wrap a strap around one shock tube of each bike, right on bike 1 and left on bike 2....tighten strap on bike 2 to bring both bikes plumb....then put some tension on strap from bike one....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts