Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry my RR around in the back of my truck quite often (2004 F150) but a friend and I are suppose to go away this weekend and we want to take both of our bikes (yes i know...why dont we just ride?? unfortunately that is not possible).

I have 2 canyon dancers and all the necessary straps so that is not a problem So its my RR and she has a Ninja 250 so I'm thinking they will fit in alright but what is the best way to tie them down?

When its just my bike I slap it right in the middle and use the canyon dancer with two tie downs hooked to the facotry tie down hooks in the lower corners at the front of the bed. But with two bikes what will be the safest way to properly tie down each bike? Obviously the one side will not be an issue as it each bike will be close to one of the factory tie downs how do I deal with the strapping down the inner clipon? If there was a tie down mount right in the middle of the bed that would be ideal but unfortunately that is not the case.

So for anyone who has transported 2 bikes in the back of their pickup I ask you this: whats the best way to do it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Dodge Dakota that has the hooks on the bottom of the bed. When it's one bike, it's no problem. With two bikes what I did was to put several layers of masking tape on the side of the truck and run the tie-downs on the outside (w/ canyon racers). I hooked them on the bottom of the frame. Then, I ran the inside tie-downs through the front wheels of the other bike making sure the ribbon doesn't push on the rotors. You can also run the tie-downs in front of the wheel. Then for extra precaution I put a a tie-down between the two front wheels because they wanted to turn towards the outside. That was caused by the location of the hooks and the assymmetric way of tieing the bikes down. On the rear you can tie the bikes down for extra safety but it's not necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts