Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at doing a track day soon and am thinking about hiring a van but I wouldn't know how to transport a bike and what I need.
I also see on E-Bay fairings and wonder whether it is a good idea to buy some track day fairings?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
track plastics
always a good idea

if you plan on doing a lot of track days.
get a trailer and a baxley sport chock.

if you only do a few get some canyon dancer straps or an equivalent and rent a bike hauler from U haul

·
Registered
240 Posts
track plastics
always a good idea

if you plan on doing a lot of track days.
get a trailer and a baxley sport chock.

if you only do a few get some canyon dancer straps or an equivalent and rent a bike hauler from U haul

What he said haha. But there are a lot of mixed reviews of canyon dancers, i'm still iffy about purchasing them myself.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
If you have the money and don't want to cheap out, get the Pit-Bull transport kit! It's AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the canyon dancer and straps but I am thinking about getting the Pit Bull transport kit but then again I am going to be doing alot of trackdays and maybe some racing.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I have the canyon dancer and straps but I am thinking about getting the Pit Bull transport kit but then again I am going to be doing alot of trackdays and maybe some racing.
You'll love the Pit-Bull set up! GET IT!

Just make sure you use a rubber mallet when installing your axle, because the pin is a TIGHT fit, and tapping it with a hammer, even lightly, is enough to mess it up!

·
#2 Office Monkey!!
757 Posts
The pitbull transport kit is a good idea but I like my Baxley better :) I can anchor it down in my truck, then toss the bike in there or I can pull it out and use it in the pits, no fumbling around trying to balance the bike and find the rear stand!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
The pitbull transport kit is a good idea but I like my Baxley better :) I can anchor it down in my truck, then toss the bike in there or I can pull it out and use it in the pits, no fumbling around trying to balance the bike and find the rear stand!
True, and I sometimes use my www.wheeldock.com when at the track.

The issue is that I use warmers, so that eliminates the ability to use the chocks much at the track...

But, if you are JUST talking transporting I can say that the Pit-Bull is hands down the best I use or have used!

And I use it on my 600RR, usually use the wheeldock combined with a canyon dancer on my 1000RR and then if someone else is going I have a knock off wheel chock that I use for them, that I also use with a pit-bull rear stand that I then tie down to the trailer.

·
#2 Office Monkey!!
757 Posts
True, and I sometimes use my www.wheeldock.com when at the track.

The issue is that I use warmers, so that eliminates the ability to use the chocks much at the track...

But, if you are JUST talking transporting I can say that the Pit-Bull is hands down the best I use or have used!

And I use it on my 600RR, usually use the wheeldock combined with a canyon dancer on my 1000RR and then if someone else is going I have a knock off wheel chock that I use for them, that I also use with a pit-bull rear stand that I then tie down to the trailer.
Yeah man but When you want to lift the front up all you have to do is pull the bike in the chock then use the rear stand then you can just pull it right out of the chock, piece of cake! lol.... It's one extra step but I just hate balancing the bike and reaching for the rear stand, call me lazy :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Niner
I just have a 4x8 utility trailer with a mesh bottom. I am thinking of mounting a 3/4" piece of plywood to the cross members. Do you think that would be sturdy enough or should I go with 2x6's? Just a thought. Thanks

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
here here
all i have to do is ride up the ramp,
hit the baxley and get off the bike
then i tie down the rearsets and drive off.

over a thousand miles of driving to 10 track days in the past two years and no issues

·
Registered
240 Posts
link to the pitbull kit? How many of you guys don't use anything but tie downs? I think we would all love to have a baxley but its $$$

·
Registered
6 Posts
link to the pitbull kit? How many of you guys don't use anything but tie downs? I think we would all love to have a baxley but its $$$
http://www.pit-bull.com/

When I transported my bike in my truck, I used to use a baxley sport chock with tie downs. It just makes it easier when you are attaching all the tie downs to the bike to keep the bike balanced but you don't need the chock at all. Along with tie downs though, I really like my "Cycle Cynch."

http://www.cyclecynch.com/

I have heard horror stories about canyon dancers because they can ruin the grips by the way they pull on them. The Cycle Cynch's have proven to eliminate the problem of pulling the grips.

And if you don't want to spend the money on that, well, you can just tie the bike down with tie downs alone. It just takes a little more work, but not much more.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
What he said haha. But there are a lot of mixed reviews of canyon dancers, i'm still iffy about purchasing them myself.
canyon dancers jack up ur grips.....well twist them really bad anyway. i only use mine when we have two bikes on the trailer, otherwise i just use the tie down straps around the triple.

·
Registered
240 Posts
http://www.pit-bull.com/

When I transported my bike in my truck, I used to use a baxley sport chock with tie downs. It just makes it easier when you are attaching all the tie downs to the bike to keep the bike balanced but you don't need the chock at all. Along with tie downs though, I really like my "Cycle Cynch."

http://www.cyclecynch.com/

I have heard horror stories about canyon dancers because they can ruin the grips by the way they pull on them. The Cycle Cynch's have proven to eliminate the problem of pulling the grips.

And if you don't want to spend the money on that, well, you can just tie the bike down with tie downs alone. It just takes a little more work, but not much more.
Wow this a great alternative to canyon dancers, I think i'm going to order a set! Anything you don't like about these?

OP, sorry for the thread jack haha, but you might want to look into these as well!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I've never had issues with Canyon Dancers. if you use them correctly they are much easier to use than normal straps. I used them a few trackdays ago with Tripage and his bro.

Uhaul rents trailers if you don't wanna buy your own. A van works too but its cramped in there and its a bit steep when loading/unloading the bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts