Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal I have a 07 cbr 600rr and need to travel from MS to TX. Last time I drove it on a trailer from NH to MS. Well I just threw a blue shitty tarp over it and from the wind and tarp my front of my Tank and seat cowl looks like ****. How do I not do this again. I bought a Cover for it, If I just put that over it and a tarp again is that ok?, or should I just leave it naked on the tralior. pulling it.

What are your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I did the same thing with a tarp when I hauled my old four wheeler. Upon arrival my plastics were all jacked up...
I wondered if putting a soft blanket over the quad first, and then the tarp, would have saved it.

I'm not sure what kind of cover you have, but I wouldn't trust mine to be gentle on the paint on the highway...

·
Registered
77 Posts
THere is a cover that a buddy of mine bought some years back. It is specifically designed for High Speed trailering. If I remember correctly it could withstand speeds up to 100+ MPH. I don't remember the name of the company but a search would do the trick.

By the way hello to a fellow Viper guy. I used to be an armament test engineer for all Vipers.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Geza covers make a cover that supposedly withstands high winds. I used it to go from CO to UT and the thing got rained on and snowed on. Did NOT protect the plastics. I would go naked, or find a covered trailer. If you go the uhaul route don't tell them you will be transporting a MC.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Why would you ever need a cover to trailer a bike? These bikes are designed to be ridden in any weather. You're not going to do anything trailering it that you wouldn't do riding it. Never cover anything you're trailering unless you want it to be really scuffed up when you get wherever you're going.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts