Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys 'N Gals,

Since the police have no sense of houmour :Cop: :cursin: and i had a temporary loss of self control, I will be getting a 3 month "holiday" from my licence :banghead: , Luckily my RR will arrive a week before I lose it!. I hope to Run it in and get the 1K service done in that week. So i was thinking i might go down to sydney and do a few track days (800km round trip) So since i've never had to tie a street bike down in a ute before, so how? what to be careful of? tricks and tips? Don't dos?

Thanks,
Jez

·
Registered
491 Posts
I use a standard tie down with 1 1/2 inch straps. When hooking the tiedown to the bike the best method I've found is to thread the tiedown loop inside the front of the fairing, and loop it around the bottom triple clamp. Iv'e tried heaps of different methods/systems, but this seems to work the best and really limits the side to side swaying of the bike that you can sometimes get with other methods.

Be careful when tightening it all down that you dont put too much pressure on the forks or you could end up with blown fork seals.

Oh, and if possible, secure the rear wheel as well to stop the bike moving around in the tray.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
647 Posts
+1 on the straps. I have never had a problem with them and have done alot of traveling with them. For us US guys "Ute" translated is a utility vehicle otherwise known as a truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts