Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a short trip to NYC in a couple months- just a Saturday-Sunday - and could use some ideas of unique places to see near Midtown or a subway ride away from Midtown. I've been before and seen the "touristy" spots but we have a whole day to kill Saturday before we head to a Mets game Sunday. We're interested in holes in the wall or other unique, off the beaten path places. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. We have yet to book a hotel but are interested in staying in the Midtown area. We've also looked at airbnb.com to switch it up a bit from staying in a hotel...so any suggestions on that front are also welcome.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Whenever I go to NYC, I stop by Stone Street to grab some lunch not far from Wall Street by the Battery Park. It's literally a street lined with stone bricks, and restaurants on each side. The buildings are much older than the surrounding city and at max 3 stories high. As the street is blocked off from city traffic, the tables are out on the road. Plenty of restaurants to pick from, and prices are fair. Very cool place if you're looking for some contrast between old and new while grabbing decent food.

Edit: There's also a ramen shop owned and ran by outright Japanese folks somewhere in the Village but I can't remember where or the name anymore. Small place and legitimate ramen there. Cash only though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whenever I go to NYC, I stop by Stone Street to grab some lunch not far from Wall Street by the Battery Park. It's literally a street lined with stone bricks, and restaurants on each side. The buildings are much older than the surrounding city and at max 3 stories high. As the street is blocked off from city traffic, the tables are out on the road. Plenty of restaurants to pick from, and prices are fair. Very cool place if you're looking for some contrast between old and new while grabbing decent food.

Very neat...definitely something we will be interested in checking out. We're hoping the weather will cooperate because we enjoy walking around- just looking for new places to stumble upon so this will definitely be a stop for us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts