Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 05 Tribal In august, I like my black with black tribal design. Recently I was adding grip glue to my grips. And Like a dumb ass I didn't clean up the excess enough. The glue dripped onto my left fairings and down. when I went to scrape it off, It did minimal damage, Not even noticeable. BUT, to me I "know its there" type of things. So I was looking around, I can not seem to find and ALL WHITE with BLACK tribal Fairings kits. All I found were like black and gold, red and white and Black fairings with White tribal. Anyone know where to get a WHITE with Black tribal kit?

Or if that is hard/rare/unavailable, anyone have any reccomendations on all white fairings? Designs/stickers/replicas are ok. a White Repsol would be SICK in my opinion

·
Registered
264 Posts
eBay my friend, eBay

You can spend hours looking at the designs they have. Just remember quality isnt up to par of Oem, which if small thing that only you notice bother you may be a bad suggestion. but sooo many graphics

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eBay my friend, eBay

You can spend hours looking at the designs they have. Just remember quality isnt up to par of Oem, which if small thing that only you notice bother you may be a bad suggestion. but sooo many graphics

Yea like the glue seriously only pulled off like an inch of the design and its not even on the side its on the part where the left fairing pulls up and turns towards the tank

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you have a pic of the damage? Me personally I would stick with Oem, some of the aftermarket fairings look like crap and some look pretty good.I guess it depends on your luck..mine is sh***y so I wouldn't dare buy aftermarket fairings. Put up a pic though maybe some of us here can help you out without replacing it

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a pic of the damage? Me personally I would stick with Oem, some of the aftermarket fairings look like crap and some look pretty good.I guess it depends on your luck..mine is sh***y so I wouldn't dare buy aftermarket fairings. Put up a pic though maybe some of us here can help you out without replacing it

No Not pic Its SOOOO SMALL lol It honestly doesnt need new fairings but i would like them. and that way I can change them out for track days also, So I look Cool on the track lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Lol i know how you feel, little imperfections bother me too. Start up a thread and ask some people on here who they bought their aftermarket fairings from and if it they purchased them from eBay the sellers name..if it was a good experience. I think the repsol looks good,i seen a lucky strike fairing set on eBay that looked pimp. It would be cool to see some of the old cig fairings come back like the smoking joe and Marlboro.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol i know how you feel, little imperfections bother me too. Start up a thread and ask some people on here who they bought their aftermarket fairings from and if it they purchased them from eBay the sellers name..if it was a good experience. I think the repsol looks good,i seen a lucky strike fairing set on eBay that looked pimp. It would be cool to see some of the old cig fairings come back like the smoking joe and Marlboro.

I used to smoke cigarettes lol I would totally ROCK THE **** outta some Marlboro fairings! lol

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Is it on the decal or the actual plastic? If its on the decal, hit up Honda East Toledo in the classifieds section, and they'll get you the right replacement decal. Under $50, and you get to keep your OEM fairing.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it on the decal or the actual plastic? If its on the decal, hit up Honda East Toledo in the classifieds section, and they'll get you the right replacement decal. Under $50, and you get to keep your OEM fairing.
That sounds like an awesome deal! only thing is im "that guy" who can't properly peel a sticker lol but i'd try! thank you!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blow dryer and patience. I'd like too see what damage was caused also. Pics?

Its so MINUTE! lol but Ill go take pics after I get ready take a shower and all that jazz lol

·
Registered
809 Posts
Tribals FTW! lolol. i would try and get a replacement decal like cbr6 said if you're feeling that anal about it. cheapest and cleanest route; you really don't want to deal w/ aftermarket fairings..

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tribals FTW! lolol. i would try and get a replacement decal like sin said if you're feeling that anal about it. cheapest and cleanest route; you really don't want to deal w/ aftermarket fairings..

So I've heard. I wonder if they make Repsol as OEM lol

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
well bro you have seen my aftermarket
those are from motofans,

depending on what side i have a mid I think its mint and black and tribal Ill just trade you for it, if it bothers you that much,

or just go aftermarket and put those in the closet for a rainy day, or sell them and you will have aftermarkets and some mod money,

take care!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome! Thanks suu! HereS a pic of the HORRIBLE DAMAGE OMFG!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
IMHO.. I would just suck it up and live with it... If anything you have a little story... seems like a waste to drop cash for such minimal damage...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...and if you're not confident with replacing it yourself, plenty of people do vinyl work and you'll still be ahead!

Most likely I'll end up buying a new sticker haha thanks guys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts