Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zemke's and DuHamel's FX bikes have blue radiator hose (see pictures in June issue of Roadracing World). Anybody know where to get it? Not that there is anything wrong with what I have, but the blue looks better (and different).

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
paint your hose? i would go to a hardware store, but i know nothing about motorcycle hoses, never had to change any or anything like that.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not sure if you know this or not but the blue hose is probably performance radiator hose. They are advertised to withstand higher temp/pressure. I know Samco sell kits for cars but don't know if they do for our bikes. They also come in red and sometimes other colors too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
blue radiator hoses are made of a silicone, this withstands higher temperatures...cop cars also have a similar type hoses

·
Registered
739 Posts
Blue hose is Hydraulic Oil hose, and a lot of people use it for radiators. Its easy to find, just look around. Try a place that sells heavy equiptment or maybe a heavy equiptment shop that services tractors and suff like that. They should have it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
caboarder2001 said:
Blue hose is Hydraulic Oil hose, and a lot of people use it for radiators. Its easy to find, just look around. Try a place that sells heavy equiptment or maybe a heavy equiptment shop that services tractors and suff like that. They should have it.
with all do respect i might have to disagree, blue hoses on vehicles with coolant in them are made of some type of silicone offering higher temps. I work on many police cars for the city and almost all have these hoses on them for the upper and lower hoses and the heater core hoses, i dont know anything about hydraulics they may be blue as well but in this instance they are only used for higher temp coolant

·
Registered
739 Posts
RickRR said:
with all do respect i might have to disagree, blue hoses on vehicles with coolant in them are made of some type of silicone offering higher temps. I work on many police cars for the city and almost all have these hoses on them for the upper and lower hoses and the heater core hoses, i dont know anything about hydraulics they may be blue as well but in this instance they are only used for higher temp coolant
Well this is what I do know. I work at a location where we sell stuff marked "Hydraulic Line" and a lot of custom classic car builders, as well as Drifters come in and use it on thier radiators. Thats all I know

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
every piece of equipment i use for our business uses black rubber hoses for the hydraulics....

ten kate sells a hose kit, but at the current exchange rate + VAT they are very expensive.

samco also makes custom hoses, maybe call them and see if they make some, i would like to have a red set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts