Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought a 08 CBR and I won't have time to ride it, yeah it doesn't make sense and was an impulse buy. I haven't taken a look at the battery but where do you guys route the dongle so it doesn't shake or tingle, also when I disconnect the battery will I need to enter in any codes like a car. I have a 1 amp 12 volt charger laying around. That will work fine or does the Honda need something special?

Do I even need to hook up a trickle charger? If I ride it once every week or 2 weeks?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hey guys I just bought a 08 CBR and I won't have time to ride it, yeah it doesn't make sense and was an impulse buy. I haven't taken a look at the battery but where do you guys route the dongle so it doesn't shake or tingle, also when I disconnect the battery will I need to enter in any codes like a car. I have a 1 amp 12 volt charger laying around. That will work fine or does the Honda need something special?

Do I even need to hook up a trickle charger? If I ride it once every week or 2 weeks?
When you buy the tender charger it comes with a adpter one end hooks to the battery the other end outside of the bike. My buddy had his end come out from the seat. And yes you should hook it up If plan on riding once a week just to be safe. But if you gonna ride twice a week don't worry about hooking it up.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
You said "dongle." LOL

Be careful about the type of charger you have - make sure it has a provision built into it so that it won't "overcharge" the battery (IIRC, not all trickle charges have such a feature, just one of those CYA things).

I have my battery tender lead plug routed under the seat and into the rear seat/cowl section - secured with a lovely zip tie.

When I want to hook up my battery tender, I simply remove the rear seat cowl and plug the battery lead into the tender wiring.

·
Registered
266 Posts
<also when I disconnect the battery will I need to enter in any codes like a car.>

No, but you might want to set the clock to the correct time when you reconnect the battery.

<I have a 1 amp 12 volt charger laying around. That will work fine or does the Honda need something special?>

Ensure the battery charger can handle motorcycle battery. The charging rate for a car battery is different than for a motorcycle battery.

No.

For long storage, if I were you I would just disconnect the -ve battery terminal this is to reduce the load on the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts