Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some flushmounts that don't conform to where our signal screw in, also it requires new holes being drilled in but I say screw that. I got two sided sticky foam holding them on right now, but that's kind of ghetto so I was wondering what you guys could think of that would provide a strong bond but still be removable if I wanted to upgrade, I don't think I will tho. I was thinking maybe a soft caulk would do the job. Whattya think?
 

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Use a hard caulk. Haha.

Umm.... yah. You don't want to cut the fairings because down the road like you said you will not be able to upgrade. It happened to some people here.

How about you return the ones you bought unless they were only like 10 bux or something then just fork out the cash for some good flushmounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,131 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
Use a hard caulk. Haha.
fag. i'd expect this from you.

jk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
if you got the cheap ones from ebay i feel sorry for ya. They will catch fire after awhile. Mine did then i bought hotbodies and vowed never to put cheap stuff on my bike EVER AGAIN...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Drilling additional holes would definitly make me want to return them. Go out and buy flushmounts specifically made for our brand/style bike. You'll be much more happier and content with the install and finished product.

Just something to consider

-Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually I am quite satisfied with how they look and work. They are even double filimented. Basically I looked at all the pricey flushmounts and they all look like crap to me. They are all clear or brightly colored in some fashion and I wanted smoked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
ironmannFB3 said:
actually I am quite satisfied with how they look and work. They are even double filimented. Basically I looked at all the pricey flushmounts and they all look like crap to me. They are all clear or brightly colored in some fashion and I wanted smoked.

As long as you are satisfied with them that is all that counts. Lets see photos when they are installed!!!
 

·
Hooked on Phonics
Joined
·
2,826 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
Use a hard caulk. Haha.
BWAHAHAHAHHA HAHHAHA LOL ........I RECOMEND SCREWING THEM ON LIKE IT SAYS TO BUT IF YOU DONT WANNA DO THAT I SAY A HOT GLUE GUN IT WILL HOLD FOR A LIFE TIME YET YOU CAN TAKE IT OFF WHEN YOU WANNA
 

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
usmcr6 said:
fag. i'd expect this from you.

jk
I don't know about you but I know I'm not gay so I have no problem joking around about stuff like that.

If your homophobic then you're probley a little gay on the inside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
I don't know about you but I know I'm not gay so I have no problem joking around about stuff like that.

If your homophobic then you're probley a little gay on the inside.
wow that is kinda true. u do have to be comfortable to joke like that !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
acldillill said:
if you got the cheap ones from ebay i feel sorry for ya. They will catch fire after awhile. Mine did then i bought hotbodies and vowed never to put cheap stuff on my bike EVER AGAIN...
Did you wire them correctly? I have seen expensive flushmounts melt also from being wired incorrectly. The running lights is 8watts while the blinker lights is 28 watts. Get it backwards and cheap lights or not, they will melt/catch fire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
no hot glue, I have seen hot glue get hot-cold-hot-cold... and it eventually can be flicked off. Use a good 3m double sided adhesive tape (usually has a red film that you peel off). I use it to put on XM/Sirius antennas at work. They go on the roofs of cars, and they hold on TIGHT!!! If you clean the surface well (the back of the flushmount too) and apply pressure for like 30 seconds or so, it will never come off on its own! To remove the XM antennas from cars, I use a head gun to soften the tape, but it still is sticky, even pressure and heat, and the adhesive comes right off, and leaves no residue if patient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
chew up some wrigleys, spearmint....that holds the best!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
I have heard in similar cases the use of flexible automotive trimming be used.
It may need to be coloured, or painted to match however.
Also some cases there are plates that can be made.
The best indicators/signals I've seen however are Watsens.

www.watsendesign.com I think is the web site. Good Luck in your endeavours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok ok, I agree. The watsens kick major ass. They kick my wallets major ass too tho. And you don't get what you pay for, that is a crock. When you are talking about mechanical parts this is very true, but when it comes to simple plastics, and simple electronics, you are paying for a name. If I wasn't a poor college student that didn't spend all his money on pilot powers, haha - you thought I was gonna say books, I would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
ironmannFB3 said:
ok ok, I agree. The watsens kick major ass. They kick my wallets major ass too tho. And you don't get what you pay for, that is a crock. When you are talking about mechanical parts this is very true, but when it comes to simple plastics, and simple electronics, you are paying for a name. If I wasn't a poor college student that didn't spend all his money on pilot powers, haha - you thought I was gonna say books, I would.
Well the reason the Watsens are so damn expensive, is because the cases are CNC'd peices of alluminum, hmm i wonder what the markup is... The LP stacks are affordable, good quality, and they offer so many differant types.
good luck...

you may want to look at the protons and Greggs too...
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top