Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't find anything similar:

My 08 RR Trip B resets itself randomly. Clock is fine. Trip A is fine. I like to use Trip B for oil changes but it has always reset itself randomly. I have about 120 miles on Trip A and just checked Trip B - it had 74 miles. I checked it when I refilled gas last time (last week) and I was at about 700 miles and haven't touched the buttons since today - when I noticed 74 miles on Trip B. Anyone else have this issue of Trip B resetting itself randomly?

Thanks everyone!

S

·
0 Posts
That's funny and werid my 2011 does the same thing and can't find no ryme nor reason for it....Hmmmmm??

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Check out the battery terminals , cluster main connector and make sure the connection is solid

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
OP: Also make sure the buttons aren't sticking...

Scooter: Take it in and have it looked at, your still under warranty...

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Nico and Moeman, that's great advice. I think I will take it in and have it looked at. They might have loosened something when they installed the PCV.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I could be wrong. but i think the Trip B can only count up to 999 then it is set back to 0.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are you only using Trip B or what?
If the reset button was "stuck" or shorting thanks to crud inside the cluster, it'd only reset Trip B if that's the one you were displaying all the time.
Otherwise the smart money's on
A) Intermittent battery/power loss issue
B) [email protected]#!'d up cluster/PC Board/Microchip
C) Demonic possession :evil: (This is CONSTANTLY happening to my vehicles)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could be wrong. but i think the Trip B can only count up to 999 then it is set back to 0.
Good call! It resets at 999.9. I can't believe I am the first on the board to ask this question...I can't be...

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts