Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Trip/Reset buttons on my tach console are not working. Is this a common problem? Is there a way I can "reset" the console to get the buttons working again?

THanks

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
the internal buttons fell apart

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
yes. do a search. basically you just take the console apart, re-locate the plastic buttons that have come loose from the rubber covers, superglue them back on, and you're done.

it's also a warranty, so the dealership should replace the unit for free, but then you have a reset odo. not sure if you're still under warranty.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I was able to fix it without removing the cluster or taking it apart. Yeah, took a lot of patience and cursing, lol. In the process though I screwed up the other button, unfortunately permanently (too much superglue, doh!). Oh well, I just wanted to be able to reset the tripmeter and that I can do.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Had this problem, brought it back to the dealer and it was covered under warrenty. I do have the extended though. But so long as warrenty is still good, its covered.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
2003 rr's have a recall on this, take it to the dealer, they will replace your gauges.. 0 miles

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
the new internal part of the cluster will be changed so the odometer will show
zero miles you got to write down the old mileage so you can keep up with oil
changes and other services

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you just want to reset the clock, pull the rubber bottons off, use some "WOODEN" chopsticks or long match sticks, whatever, and press the little white buttons on the board itself. Not a big deal. Then replace the rubber, pops right off and on. Not a big deal at all (<5 min.)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mine messed up a long time ago. Dealer had the bike for a few hours to get it fixed...under warranty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
sorry for the ignorance but how long is the warrenty on our bikes. i have an 03 with the same problem?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
warrant 12 k miles or 12 month from date of purchase

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i think im gonna go with the chapstick method.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
warranty is 12 k / 12 month or what ever comes first ie if you get 11k miles within 6 month then mileage prevails & vise versa

·
Registered
80 Posts
i guess i'm outta luck oh well i guess its time to open up the cluster. thanks guys

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just pull the "rubber buttons" off the cluster, a little patience and 2 paper clips should get it. Seems mine would not work after doing wheelies. Pop the buttons off and sure enough the little plastic extenter would be off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts