Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '06 rr, and I installed DDM hids. If the '08 is the same as mine, than both high/low are the same bulb, the H7, just one is angled higher for the high beam.

As far as the 55w, you're going to have a hell of a time mounting the ballasts. Even with the 35w, the ballasts are a tight fit.

order the H7 35w kit. Also to make your life a little easier order the H7 spacers for $2.

good luck.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
The dual headlight module is for filament bulbs only. We are working on a way to make HID's low/high for the RR. Should have this available around the end of the month. Pricing will probably be more than the $50 you are wanting to spending but this will give you low/high beam for both headlights!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
interesting.

meanwhile...which HIDs should i get?

can someone look at the ddm webiste and tell which HID to get since the LOW/HI kit doesnt have H7 bulbs?

should i just get the regular "low hid kit" ...and once tripage comes out with the module...will i need a low/hi hid kit?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Just get the HID kit from tripage. Individual bulbs n ballasts for easy install. I got em last month n love em

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really wanna just get HID bulbs that are the same. So that BOTH will be on. And both will be day light running lights wired up to a switch. How do I go about this.

Isn't one head light pointed up more? Can I just point it down? Or is it completely different headlight compated to the other. I really don't care about having a highbeam. With 55w hids it will be more then enough light for people to see me.

Which hid kit should I get. How do I wire it with a switch and how do I make both headlights the same way.

Thank you in advance.

PS. I've searched many threads already. Still no answer.

·
BOTM Winner 02/15
237 Posts
I really wanna just get HID bulbs that are the same. So that BOTH will be on. And both will be day light running lights wired up to a switch. How do I go about this.

Isn't one head light pointed up more? Can I just point it down? Or is it completely different headlight compated to the other. I really don't care about having a highbeam. With 55w hids it will be more then enough light for people to see me.

Which hid kit should I get. How do I wire it with a switch and how do I make both headlights the same way.

Thank you in advance.

PS. I've searched many threads already. Still no answer.
You could just fit identical 55W HIDs in both headlight compartments and have the high beam switch on the whole time but just FYI, the spread of your lights will be TERRIBLE there will be a lot of light pollution in every direction and you will most likely blind everyone riding in front of you or coming towards you during night time even if you aim the high beam lower. In the Netherlands they would call you a squid ***hole motorcyclist if you had this setup.

If you check your headlight closely you can see that one reflector casing is different than the other so there will always be a unevenness in the spread of the light.

The only way to solve this (while using 55w) is to get Projectors, those have a nice cut off on the top of the beam and are aimed very easily. They also can be on simultaneously.

But if you dont ride during night you can disregard my rant ;). So if you want both headlights to be on simultaniously just put the same HID in both compartments, aim the high beam light lower and keep the high beam switch on. You will lose your high beam this way though, but that isn't a problem as you've said.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
In my 07 both bulbs r the same the only difference is that the "high beam" bulb is turned up 90 degrees more than the low beam so the filament is on the side as opposed to the bottom. 55w is too much. Mine r 35 and r plenty bright. Ur making it more difficult than it actually is. Ultimately tripage is making a module where u can dim the "high beam" so u can always have both lights on. Evern w just the low beam on i can see clear as day at night w a dark visor on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts