Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I need some clarification here because I keep reading contradicting things. I understand if you add LEDs that they draw less thus the fast blinking. I have heard protons have a relay built in, if this is the case do I need to still add some sort of flasher relay to the bike. Next, I will soon be getting the IT and LED pegs for my 03 as well. Do I NEED the brake relay as well? Or will my brake flash be normal. I imagine someone has this identical setup, so if people can give me some direction here I would appreciate it. Kind of hoping I don't need a flasher relay because the 03 isn't plug and play and I dont do well with electrical things. Nor do I want to spend the $40 on a brake relay either. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
The protons have enough resistance to replace those signals with protons. If you replace other signals the resistance is even less so they will flash faster. I had protons on my R6 and still replaced the flasher relay to slow the signals to stock flash rate with proton front and led pegs rear.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so if I get the flasher relay from your site, that should solve any sort of issues id have front or rear? Will there be any effect on how fast the brake flashes as well?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Yes, will fix the flash rate of the signals front rear now and in the future.

Signal flasher is different from a brake flasher. brake flasher is it's own product and will not effect either one of them. T

·
Registered
190 Posts
Brake lights don't flash unless you do it yourself(on and off the lever) the brake flasher sold by tripage is to give you the option of flashing with different patterns so that people can tell what you intentions are more visibly. Worth the $40 imo

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought his IT comes standard with 4-5 flashin patterns?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I could be wrong but from what I remember reading that was the pro version, which if I am not mistaken is no longer offered

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh? Website shows 4 selectable brake patterns and 5 turn signal patterns for the 03 IT

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
PRO option selectable signals/brakes is only for the 03-06RR retro fit. The flasher relay will make the signals slow down to normal rate, if you want them fast don't use it or order the flasher later. Some like it fast some like it slow some states you have to keep it slow. T

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, thanks T. So when I order the IT it will have the pro option or do I pay extra for it?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
03-06RR when ordering you are getting the PRO as it is shown in the video.
What you see is what you get.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey T one quick question, for when I get the pegs back, do you just tuck the wires up into the rear fairing, or how do you layout the wiring. I'm just trying to think of where to put it all when putting everything back on.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I believe you ordered everything plug n play for the taillight/pegs? Just plug in the taillight, plug the pegs into the taillight and your done. Wires will go up out the top of the pegs and you will route them to the kickstand side of the battery tray and plug into the light.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I did order plug n play, okay I'll take a look when it all comes back, thanks T

1 - 15 of 15 Posts