Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so incredibly close to selling my 05 RR and getting a new Speed triple. I can't stop thinking about them! I need opinions...

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Ultimate hooligan bike. It's got a great, unique look. I'm not so big on the lights, but because it's naked you can just change them out. Lots of torque from the triple, cool single sided swingarm. Makes a better city bike than an race replica. I can't see too many downsides, I think the electrical gremlins have mostly been smote.

Now, I recommend looking for a used one instead of new; you can really save with a private purchase.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Cool bikes. I'm more into the sport bikes but they are serious performers. Look at some other similar bikes though. The new Ducati Hypermotard is pretty sweet and the KTM superduke is badass as well.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
my friend had one in white, i wasn't too impressed. i'm not a big fan of naked bikes, and the triumph didn't have a windscreen so that means no wind protection at high speeds. but if u like it, go for it.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Bike is incredible....BUT I don't know if I would buy one.....my nephew has the speed four and it needed some injector and clutch cable replaced and he has had a REALLY BAD experience at two triumph dealers....he had his bike at one dealership for nearly three weeks and when he called to check on his bike they hadn't even ordered his parts yet

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I would rock that bike. But I'd rather stick to sport bikes but if that is the style of bike you are leaning for I've heard nothing but great things. Triumph has really stepped up the last few years and have been putting out some great bikes.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i hear aftermarket parts are non existent in the US.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i hear aftermarket parts are non existent in the US.
AMEN! i considered getting one because i love the look of them. but after looking around for custom parts and whatnot i came up with not much. someday i would like to have one though

either way would be a good choice... just depends on your riding style and demands.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
there is a member on here from NC that has mean as triple... search see if you can find his stuff.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sexy as it might seem.. Don't forget that's it's Made in England.. Some might consider that a major disadvantage. :)

·
Ride Red
252 Posts
i rode on a while back and it was a trip! decent position and plenty of usuable power and torque. all triumphs with the 3 cylinder are a blast to ride.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts