Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey alls,

I know a few of you have a "spare" bike in the form of a Triumph Daytona 675. What are your thoughts about it? How do you like it? Are there any known problems with it? A friend of mine has been wanting a new bike and they have a 2011 regular 675 at a dealership near here. Brand new. I can't seem to peak his interest in the cbr600rr and the quote for insurance on the 1000rr was wayyy too much.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!:ciao:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Pique his interest? Just messin :crackup:

Moeman just got a Daytona 675, he has a thread about it somewhere around here.

I did a lot of research about the 675, as it was my first choice before the 600RR came along. It's an excellent bike, and very unique. The insurance, at least for me, was extremely low compared to the japanese bikes which is a huge plus... Probably because there were less documented incidents involving them since they are so few and far between here in America. I knew a guy that owned one and had nothing but nice things to say about it. Whether your friend gets a Daytona or a CBR, he's made a great choice :cruising:

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Mine is the 2012 675R version and i love it a picture thread is in the pictures forum

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a friend who owns both. While he likes his Triumph, he admits that the 600RR is the sharper tool in the handling department.

Either is a good choice.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
My friend has one, the motor exploded within a couple of months, dealer took care of anything but it was very inconvenient for him.

Other than that it is a sexy bike.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'd love to have a 675R like moeman just picked up. Those things are amazing. The standard 675 is pretty fantastic too. I wanted one when I ended up shopping for my cbr. They were out of my price range locally.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was between the 675 and the CBR. Could not find any used 675's here on island but have heard great things bout them. With that said. I love my CBR. For a 600 I am always impressed with the motor, the handling is incredible, and the suspension and brakes for stock are very good after you change out the brake lines.

I rode a Ducati 1198SP today, and it was awesome, but I still love my CBR. the Ducati engine was incredible and the suspension as well cause of the full Ohlins, but i was more than happy to get back on my small CBR.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
'08 675 was in the shop 3 times in about 12k miles for minor things. My 600rr just had a dead battery in the same time frame. Parts take longer to get as well if you don't have a Triumph dealer that stocks parts.

Insurance will be cheaper compared to the inline 4s. The power output is similiar. The power band is much more linear with the 675 but I personally like the "Hit" of the RRs. The throttle response/deceleration on the 675 is absolutely amazing! The brakes on the 675 left me wanting more. As far as handling, I prefer the 600RR over the 675. The RR allowed more feedback (But the two bikes were running different tires and suspension settings) The 675 is much more narrow/taller than the RR.

The two factors that would personally hold me back from getting the 675: Availability of parts track side; And the possibility of breakdowns (greater than the RR, IME).

Both are very capable bikes and the 675R is such a sexy machine!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wont lie, I don't like the sounds of the 675's, even with an aftermarket muffler they have a whistling sound that I can't get over.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Wont lie, I don't like the sounds of the 675's, even with an aftermarket muffler they have a whistling sound that I can't get over.
I hate that damn whistle! I think the Speed Triple is sexy but that exhaust note sucks. It's better with an aftermarket exhaust.

Note, mods and aftermarket parts will be roughly 1.5 to 2x more expensive for the Triumph.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
That is one of those things about a Triple that you'll either love, or hate. Personally, I love it.

If the R had been around when I was looking at supersports, I would have gotten it. I had already owned a Triumph Speed Triple, so having not owned a Honda yet, it was a been there, done that sort of thing for me.

Thankfully, they're racing those bikes now, so you're not confined within the Triumph catalog (or SkyKing) for stuff.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your thoughts. My friend is probably gonna be getting the red 2012 on Friday, due in no small part to your guys input. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Mine is the 2012 675R version and i love it a picture thread is in the pictures forum
Moe's bike is sick. I a British dude do a review on the same exact bike he has. That is one hell of a machine. Makes the 600rr the daily driver and the 675 a nights and weekends lol

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I thought that the exhaust whistle will bug me at first but now i am simply used to it some guy asked me what is that whistle sound i said its the turbines his jaws dropped i already got 750 miles on Miss18RR and loving it

·
Registered
668 Posts
Moe, do they have a gear indicator or fuel gauge?
has gear indicator, no fuel gauge. one great thing about the bike that not many people know is the obd II plug under the seat to diagnose codes that pop up like they have on vehicles.

"because 4 cylinders is one too many"

·
Registered
403 Posts
Another cool thing about them that I can not understand why no other bike manufacturers do is they come stock with stainless steel brake lines.

Such a cheap addition to the bike to improve the brakes so much! Dont know why the other companies do not do this!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts