Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went to bleed my brakes yesterday and something is wrong with the right front brake.

When I go to bleed it, its coming out really slow and it seems like theres no pressure,like there's a leak, which is making it a problem to get the air out.(Im using a vacuum bleeder)

The left side, no problem hooked it up and the fluid comes out with ease and fills the tube nice.

My question: is there something that could be wrong with the bleeder valve? or what would cause it to be such a problem. I used 2 bottles of fluid through it and it didnt get any better..

D

·
0 Posts
Make sure the bleeder valve is loosened enough. There could always be something stuck in it too.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was definately loose enough, it seemed like maybe it was too loose. It opened up so easy compared to the left side. It only took a slight turn to open it while the left took a few turns to get it going.

D

·
0 Posts
It should only take a slight turn to get it open enough. I only open mine by maybe 1/4 turn when bleeding brakes. Try bleeding that side without the vacuum bleeder and see if fluid comes out easily or not.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can't depend on a little robot to do the sucking for you dude, use what god gave you and suck the fluid through the tube with your mouth, if it doesnt work after that then you KNOW you have a problem.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its just a simple pump the handle in your hand vacuum. Its not fancy. But yeah I'll try the old fashioned way I guess.

·
Registered
646 Posts
u get everything worked out matt?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had that problem to but I bleed the master cylinder first (by the lever) I had to suck it out to get it started then it went good from there. if you have air there you you will never get it out down below.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up just gravity bleeding it, and it works good now. The only problem is when ur coming to a stop, it makes a weird sound right as I'm about to stop. I'm not sure if it's just because its cold out or what. But they work pretty good so I'm not too worried.

·
Registered
156 Posts
what kind of sound?

a sound from your brakes is bad...your brakes are your life-you want them to work well and last

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
The sound he's hearing could be the floating discs.....

If you're not having to pump the brakes or getting any unusual brake fading then you're probably just fine.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sound is gone now. BUT its seems like the brakes are not seated right..? It's hardly noticeable when braking unless your braking at a slow speed. If I keep the brake at a steady pressure, the bike will sort of rock back and forth as if I was applying pressure and letting off etc.

ALSO, I'm guessing I didn't bleed the front brake enough, because if I squeeze the brake lever hard enough, it makes a click sound...

I hate brakes.. lol

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Check to make sure your rotors aren't warped. That would cause the "pulse" that you're feeling. Is the "click" your brake light switch? Try it with the bike off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The brake light switch should engage before pulling "hard" Could be a bad seal in the MC, but it takes a lot to actually make it pop--so dont pull it that hard :)

The pulsing is from a wraped disk 90% of the time. Occasionally the disk is stuck from being that it is a floating disk.. take the rotor off and tap on it gently...sometimes breaks it loose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts