Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Post the video mate, will be easier to see what you have going on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I checked my 03 cbr600rr and is giving me 8 fast one then 1 long one then 9 short on does anybody know what does codes are ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
2006 cbr 600rr fi codes. Please anyone? Runs for a little then dies. https://youtu.be/295pnMSXjt4

A question too. don't the anyone answered. Do the codes repeat or should we continue to record until they stop flashng
So, to answer my own questions.

YES, the codes repeat

I have multiple codes. 1,2,7,8,9,11,19,16,17,48,49

Some steps I have taken already.
1. Took the gas tank off, checked the internals out and cleaned it good. Fresh fuel/ 93 in it now.
2. Checked/ changed the air filter
3. Removed every connector in the harness, cleaned every pin with a fine file.
4. Cleaned and checked every fuse, and relay.
5. Checked, cleaned, and filled down the ground on the frame.
6. Coolant changed.
7. Got the oil filter and oil for a change in the am.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Did you check for damaged wires like rodents chewing? That or a bad ECU are the only things I can think of that would throw that many codes at once. See if you can borrow another ECU or consider buying a spare. I have one that I know works that I keep as a backup.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
My issues are all that I have left in this quote as far a numbers go. My engine will start sometimes, run for a short period of time. Then cut out, like a loss of power. When I'm riding it will sputter as well from time to time then get all jerky with the acceleration. As I stop, the engine will cut off. Then, I have to turn the ignition to of and power cycle to restart. Even does this at idle.

My displays buttons have disappeared. Occasionally I see condensation under the plastic lense. When I key off, without pressing the kill switch, the engine will run for a couple seconds, display will fade out then both stop seconds later.

Battery I'm using is a lithium cell.

According to my manual (2003/2004):
A long blink = "10"
A short blink = "1"
DNS = Engine does not start
EON = Engine operates normally

And I quote (i.e. don't shoot the messenger):

BLINKS : PROBLEM, SYMPTOMS
No blinks: ECM malfunction, DNS
No blinks: ECM power / ground circuit malfunction, DNS
No blinks: ECM output line malfunction, DNS
No blinks: MIL circuit malfunction, EON
Stays lit: Data link circuit malfunction, EON
1 blink: MAP sensor circuit malfunction, EON
2 blinks: MAP sensor performance problem, EON
7 blinks: ECT sensor circuit malfunction, Hard start at low temp
8 blinks: TP sensor circuit malfunction, Poor performance on quick throttle operation
9 blinks: IAT sensor circuit malfunction, EON
11 blinks: Vehicle speed sensor circuit malfunction, EON
16 blinks: No. 1 Secondary injector malfunction, DNS
17 blinks: No. 2 Secondary injector malfunction, DNS
19 blinks: Ignition pulse generator, no signal, DNS
48 blinks: No. 3 Secondary injector malfunction, DNS
49 blinks: No. 4 Secondary injector malfunction , DNS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you check for damaged wires like rodents chewing? That or a bad ECU are the only things I can think of that would throw that many codes at once. See if you can borrow another ECU or consider buying a spare. I have one that I know works that I keep as a backup.

Rodents are a possibility. I looked at the harness and didn't notice any chewing. Did find a few eaten acorn husks under the gas tank.

I'll start looking for another ECU. Tomorrow, I'll tear the bike down again and thoroughly inspect the harness. Remove all the tape and get in there. I don't have anyone local that rides that I've met up with yet. So swapping with a buddy isn't happening.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't see how so many sensors have gone bad at once so I think it's a wiring harness or ECU problem.

Well, I'll definitely re check the harness. ECU starting is ~99$ vs my time inspecting the harness again. With the acorns in there, I suspect rodents. Still, could the ECU go bad after it sitting for over a year not riding it? Then again, I'm couple miles inland from the ocean. Bad salty air?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've got codes 2, 12 and 51.

Map sensor is plugged in correctly and i cant see anything being wrong with it?!?!?

Injector wires to No 1. Primary injector are all good, again i can't find whats causing the problem.

HESD works, i even tried swapping another HESD in there, and also a delete plug and it still didnt solve the problem.

So right now I've got 3 MIL codes and not a single ******* clue.
:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got codes 2, 12 and 51.

Map sensor is plugged in correctly and i cant see anything being wrong with it?!?!?

Injector wires to No 1. Primary injector are all good, again i can't find whats causing the problem.

HESD works, i even tried swapping another HESD in there, and also a delete plug and it still didnt solve the problem.

So right now I've got 3 MIL codes and not a single ******* clue.
:(
So what I did that cause my motorcycle to still run properly I removed all my gas related items. What I mean by that is I took my gas tank off emptied it cleaned the fuel pump fuel filter foot everything in it all the hoes going to the fuel rail Etc. The tank itself was filthy on the inside so is the fuel itself I don't know but I have a sneaking suspicion that the fuel might have caused my issue.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So what I did that cause my motorcycle to still run properly I removed all my gas related items. What I mean by that is I took my gas tank off emptied it cleaned the fuel pump fuel filter foot everything in it all the hoes going to the fuel rail Etc. The tank itself was filthy on the inside so is the fuel itself I don't know but I have a sneaking suspicion that the fuel might have caused my issue.
Doubt thats my issue, but thanks.
I've tried different fuel tanks, regulator rectifiers, HESDs, tip over switch, ECU, and checked fuses all trying to stop the MIL lights from popping up about 5 seconds after the engine is running.

It runs strong though, sounds good and the engine revs normally. Just can't get the lights to disappear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too need some guidance on a check engine light. I have a '15 CBR600RR and have installed a Woolich Racing quickshifter had the ECU flashed for the install. The shifter works great but I have a steady check engine light on now. I also added a Datatool shift indicator too. Anybody have any ideas?

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to my manual (2003/2004):
A long blink = "10"
A short blink = "1"
DNS = Engine does not start
EON = Engine operates normally

And I quote (i.e. don't shoot the messenger):

BLINKS : PROBLEM, SYMPTOMS
No blinks: ECM malfunction, DNS
No blinks: ECM power / ground circuit malfunction, DNS
No blinks: ECM output line malfunction, DNS
No blinks: MIL circuit malfunction, EON
Stays lit: Data link circuit malfunction, EON
1 blink: MAP sensor circuit malfunction, EON
2 blinks: MAP sensor performance problem, EON
7 blinks: ECT sensor circuit malfunction, Hard start at low temp
8 blinks: TP sensor circuit malfunction, Poor performance on quick throttle operation
9 blinks: IAT sensor circuit malfunction, EON
11 blinks: Vehicle speed sensor circuit malfunction, EON
12 blinks: No. 1 Primary injector malfunction, DNS
13 blinks: No. 2 Primary injector malfunction, DNS
14 blinks: No. 3 Primary injector malfunction, DNS
15 blinks: No. 4 Primary injector malfunction, DNS
16 blinks: No. 1 Secondary injector malfunction, DNS
17 blinks: No. 2 Secondary injector malfunction, DNS
18 blinks: Cam pulse generator, no signal, DNS
19 blinks: Ignition pulse generator, no signal, DNS
21 blinks: No. 1 O2 sensor circuit malfunction (California only) , EON
22 blinks: No. 2 O2 sensor circuit malfunction (California only), EON
23 blinks: No. 1 O2 sensor heater malfunction (California only), EON
24 blinks: No. 2 O2 sensor heater malfunction (California only), EON
33 blinks: E2-PROM in ECM malfunction, EON
48 blinks: No. 3 Secondary injector malfunction, DNS
49 blinks: No. 4 Secondary injector malfunction , DNS

Hope I copied that all down correctly...
Thank you !

121 - 137 of 137 Posts