Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this shouldn't always be an issue, but have you guys ever had issues finding spares when in dire needs trackside?

I've had this happen twice, once I crashed and broke the brake reservoir and master cylinder along with a couple little things. Thankfully pretty much any bike's master cylinder and whatnot fit everywhere, but I had to find one of those 2x long banjo bolts for both front discs. Luckily found one, but it was a pain.

Then randomly I had a short that caused one of my ignition coils to go bad and had to retire from the race weekend because I couldn't find parts. Not only did I discover that I was one of 3 CBR's there for the weekend lol but no shops remotely close carried the part I needed.

Anyone run into this problem? We always joke that trackside you could build a full R6 with all the spares from around the pits. It's made me considering moving to another brand for racing just because it appears Honda's just aren't that popular at the amateur level.

This happen to anyone?

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
That is pretty common here in the midwest. On most CCS race weekends here I'm one of maybe two Honda 600's. No one brings parts for them because no one rides them anymore.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Unless your running an R6 or maybe a gsxr you'll always have this problem. Try finding an ignition coil for a 675 daytona or RSV4 at the track....

Reactions: rizzors25

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's where I'm finding myself. My bike was perfect for learning and then my first season but it's becoming apparent that a honda might not cut it... which is a shame because I really enjoy riding it. I guess I've gotten use to how it feels and don't want to change haha. plus having something different is always cool, but I guess not really worth it :/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem. Bent the front wheel in a crash in 2015. Could not find a used front wheel anywhere that was true. Ended buying a new wheel, $800.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts