Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my bike has trouble shifting into 1st and 2nd from a standstill. If I try to switch from Neutral to 1st or 2nd itll just stay in Neutral. Also. If im downshifting itll stop at neutral and not go into first. No matter how hard I push down it wont shift into 1st. WTF!!!

Does anyone know why this happens? any suggestions on how to fix it or what the problem is?

I just got a tune up and all was going well until yesterday! AGHHH

·
Registered
27 Posts
when it does that you gotta roll the bike forward or backward a little bit. i forget exactly why it happens, but it's normal. just need to rotate the gears a bit by moving the bike.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i've had this happen as well, i either roll the bike a bit back or just release the clutch lever and squeeze it again and it will engage the gear

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah... I usually don't roll the bike. I just let go of the clutch slightly till it shifts. Sometimes I have to do it more than once. It's easier to downshift to first before you come to the stop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im having a similar issue. I cant get into first gear. I really have to give it a really hard push down. Sometimes it will go, other times it will grind. Not sure what to do or how to fix. Id rather not take it to honda and spend a butt load of money for them to just turn a screw or something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts