Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I headed out Sun morning for my normal ride with the guys and rode about 30 miles to the meeting spot. After fueling up (and not even getting off the bike) I started her up and headed out. As soon as I pulled out of the lot she stalled. I started her back up and turned left and I knew something was not right... the bike sounded like a v-twin more than an inline 4. I followed the guys to the first stop and told them about it.... we tried to diagnose the problem but couldn't figure it out so I limped it back home. Over the next few hours it ran very intermittent and jumpy as I tried to run the tank empty to see if it was the gas. No luck, it would run fine then bog down again. I called my friends at Tampa PowerSports and I brought it to them on Monday. After checking it out they saw one cylinder was not firing right and probably at its worst there were two down!! Anyway, they did the repair and while many shops try to collect on this stuff, they called Honda and pleaded my case and Honda footed the entire bill!! Big ups to those fellas because I'm 10 days from my next track day and this was the last thing I needed. Just so you guys arwe aware - faulty wires fouling out plugs.... Ride safe. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts