Gap Ins
Tax
Doc fees
License
California Tire Tax :roll:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just got a dealership to agree to $8900 OTD for a blue '04 with the 1 year warranty. I'm in Houston, but I think $8900 for an '04 seems to be a bit higher than the average I see on these forums.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sounds a bit high to me, I just got my 04 blue RR for $8200 OTD, But I didn't get the 5 year warantee.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i got my '03 about 4 months ago for 8500 otd at carmichael honda in sacramento. 9000 including 5 yrs warranty. i could have gotten an '04 at thousand oaks honda in l.a. area for 8700 otd but i couldn't back out of the deal in sacramento. like the '03 so NBD for me. :smile: and wtf is a tire tax.. don't remember that on mine.. :scratch: btw.. i'm not endorsing carmichael honda or thousand oaks honda.. just letting you know the deals i had.. good luck in the search...

·
Registered
595 Posts
you can go to la cyclesports and get an '04 for $8499 OTD...you may have to bargain for the warranty...but even if you paid full price for the warranty, it is still cheaper than you were quoted on your deal.

·
Registered
327 Posts
where abouts are you cbrkid?

I know the dealer around here wants like 7600 for the '03 and like 8200 for the '04. That is before taxes & registration.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
That's $3000 more than I paid for mine, including tax title and license, but I'm not in cali. I'd say pass that one up, or force them to give you a better deal. It's an 03 model, they should be giving you a huge discount. The dealers are recieving rebates so they can lower the price. You shouldn't pay more than $7500 before taxes.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Man if you ever listen to anyone listen to this. Gap insurance is a ripoff do not do not get it. You can get a brand new left over 03 600rr for 6900.00 or a new 04 for 7399.00 thats out the door price at lake hill motors in Miss. Look around you should be able to get abetter deal then that. But stay away from the gap insurance. I had a friend that bought that on a car and had a wreck and never could get anything out of them that was a year and a half ago and still fighting with them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
just wait til the end of the summer... i'm sure you can see some sweet deals on the '04s.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
MAD1 said:
you can go to la cyclesports and get an '04 for $8499 OTD...you may have to bargain for the warranty...but even if you paid full price for the warranty, it is still cheaper than you were quoted on your deal.
I just bought my 2004 rr here a week ago. $8499 out the door, 5yr warranty was $350 (at their cost). no bargaining or haggling for that either. Blue costs an additional $200. They're in Inglewood (Los Angeles) near the LAX airport.
Salesman was Eric Rojany, 310.677.5800. Great guy. He's got a blue 600rr as well.

I called in, left a credit card deposit so they could set up the bike. I got there 30 minutes later and the bike was prepped and sitting out front. Whole thing lasted 30 minutes to complete the deal. I paid cash though-if you finance I'm sure it'll take a little longer.

If you're anywhere near L.A. its worth buying it there. even if it means riding it home a few hundred miles.

H

·
0 Posts
yeah dude that is too much.....i bought mine in jersey in october and i got it for ~ 7500 before all the mods...and if you intend to fincance more then the bike is worth then GET GAP INSURANCE....say you get the bike now..and 03 and pay 7500....all fees you are out the door at 8k...as an example these figures are probably off....anyway...say you total it right out of the parking lot of the dealer...the insurance pays 6500 or 7000 cause that is what they feel the bike is worth...you then have to come up with the other 1000 to 1500.....and if you decide to finance some mods then def do it....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts