Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any buddy can get me some help or put me in the right direction i need it.
Im trying to find frame sliders for my bike all the ones i see are for 08 the say it will fit 09 but i call them the say no please help mike

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
with the new piece of fairing covering the engine/clutch casings i don't think there is a 'no-cut' for the '09s. you may have to remove that piece and buy an 07/08 no-cut.
It can't just be removed. It's part of the whole lower fairing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
you could probably cut it the top part of the cover to look like an 08 or maybe even put 08 lower and mid fairings on it. that would be ligit. Anyways no matter what you do you dont want no cuts because their crap. They wont hold up nearly as good as cut sliders

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
+1

unless you want no-cut frame sliders for show.....
I have R&G no-cut sliders like many others on here and they are built solid. They have been crash tested and hold up great.

I mean don't get me wrong they are all not the same and i wouldn't trust any other no-cuts out there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have R&G no-cut sliders like many others on here and they are built solid. They have been crash tested and hold up great.

I mean don't get me wrong they are all not the same and i wouldn't trust any other no-cuts out there.
And I wouldnt trust R&G no-cuts. they may be built well, but IIRC, they use a simple offset bracket just like all the other cheap-o sliders (shogun, vortex, LP, etc).
If you go down hard on one of those, its going to put a torque on the frame that could cause MORE frame damage than if you had no slider at all.
I've also seen them punch a hole in the engine casing when the bracket/bolt fails.

The only no-cut sliders i've seen that i would trust at all (and a cut type is obviously better) is the Motovation sliders, as they have a second mount point to spread any impact load out, and prevent (or at least reduce) any torsion on the frame.

I think the Sato racing sliders also have a similar installation, but im not certain as i couldnt find a good enough pic of the bracket when i was shopping for sliders...

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
And I wouldnt trust R&G no-cuts. they may be built well, but IIRC, they use a simple offset bracket just like all the other cheap-o sliders (shogun, vortex, LP, etc).
If you go down hard on one of those, its going to put a torque on the frame that could cause MORE frame damage than if you had no slider at all.
I've also seen them punch a hole in the engine casing when the bracket/bolt fails.

The only no-cut sliders i've seen that i would trust at all (and a cut type is obviously better) is the Motovation sliders, as they have a second mount point to spread any impact load out, and prevent (or at least reduce) any torsion on the frame.

I think the Sato racing sliders also have a similar installation, but im not certain as i couldnt find a good enough pic of the bracket when i was shopping for sliders...
Have you even seen the bracket R&G uses? It's not just a simple offset like all the others use. It's hard to describe but it sort of wraps around the mount and it's 99.9 as solid as if there was no offset.

And when i crashed, it went down hard and the bike slid across the pavement a good distance. There are other people that have went down even harder then me with no frame damage either using R&G. I've heard more problems with motovation sliders then R&G. In fact i've only heard of one time when someone had R&G sliders and it didn't save the frame. But that's because it hit a curb.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have you even seen the bracket R&G uses? It's not just a simple offset like all the others use. It's hard to describe but it sort of wraps around the mount and it's 99.9 as solid as if there was no offset.

And when i crashed, it went down hard and the bike slid across the pavement a good distance. There are other people that have went down even harder then me with no frame damage either using R&G. I've heard more problems with motovation sliders then R&G. In fact i've only heard of one time when someone had R&G sliders and it didn't save the frame. But that's because it hit a curb.
Yes, i have seen them, and they are better than shogun and the like, but NO they are NOT "99.9 as solid" as a direct (no-cut), or something like the motovation that has a 2nd mount point on the engine case (or elsewhere).

R&G makes a quality part, but any time you move the contact point out like that, you are adding a torque at the frame, which COULD cause more damage than no slider at all.

the ONLY no-cut slider i would even consider is one that has a 2nd contact point to reduce/remove the moment at the frame.
Im not entirely happy with motovation as a company, but the basic design of their sliders is better than R&G (at least as far as the mounting position).

I dont care who paul is. this is my opinion based on a background in mechanical engineering. its your bike so do whatever you want, im just giving my view of things.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Yes, i have seen them, and they are better than shogun and the like, but NO they are NOT "99.9 as solid" as a direct (no-cut), or something like the motovation that has a 2nd mount point on the engine case (or elsewhere).

R&G makes a quality part, but any time you move the contact point out like that, you are adding a torque at the frame, which COULD cause more damage than no slider at all.

the ONLY no-cut slider i would even consider is one that has a 2nd contact point to reduce/remove the moment at the frame.
Im not entirely happy with motovation as a company, but the basic design of their sliders is better than R&G (at least as far as the mounting position).

I dont care who paul is. this is my opinion based on a background in mechanical engineering. its your bike so do whatever you want, im just giving my view of things.

Well yes there is a CHANCE it could cause more damage to the frame then no slider at all. But at that point, the force would have to be so great the bike would be totaled anyways and pointless to repair anyways.

The point i'm trying to get across is unless your racing on the track, R&G will be a great choice for street riding. If i had a race bike, i would go with woodcraft cut sliders or nothing else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts