Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 03 600RR thats black with a light red pearl over the factory color. It looks decent, but I want to change it. I thought I had it all planned out, I was going to shoot the bike flat black. After seeing it on another bike in person, I don't like it. I understand that this question is based on opinion, but I'm looking for something somewhat unique.
This is one option I'm looking into - http://www.luminore.com/
Honestly I'd rather stick to paint for now.
Thanks,
Bri

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm having the same problem myself, Uluz. So many colors would look good on our bike. I'm interested to see what people suggest.

·
Registered
145 Posts
as far as colors are concerned, see what colors you are drawn too, all possibilities. Put different color combinations together and see what looks good to you. Then, look at the combinations over and over again, at different times of the day, different lighting, etc. What will eventually happen, is one will stand out over and over again, more so than the others. That is the one to go for.

I had trouble choosing the colors for my new custom leathers and I colored outlines of the suits with pen, took the leather swatches and held them next to each other and kept doing this again and again. Finally, I was drawn to three colors and how the combination looked together. I made the decision. Then, I had to pick the style of the suit and start all over with that. You get the point.

If a color doesn't catch your eye, forget it. Don't try to force a square peg through a round hole. Good luck and when I get my suit (beginning of october) I'll post pics.

As for me, I like red!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Unique RR said:
What does the site have to do with anything! What do you want it Bronze?

It can be applied to any substrate- meaning it can be sprayed onto fairings. It's a thin true metal coating that can be polished, to a show finish. The product has the same weight as paint, so there is no weight gain. Also they have a decent variety of metal "alloys" that can be used.
This is an application on an aluminum hand pole, and a fiberglass hull on a Yamaha Superjet.
EDIT- I just read what I wrote, it sounds like a sales pitch LOL. I personaly have never used the product, so in all reality it might suck- but they've got a good sales pitch

Bri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts