Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wrestled with this thing quite a bit now, I removed the two bolts that I saw and I think the hoses are the only thing thats holding it in place.

Its there any trick to removing this thing? and putting it back on? It looks like the hoses are going to be a real pain for me..:banghead:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Just pull the hoses out of the way. Not very difficult.

There's a guide plate that attaches to the back of the front sprocket cover. Of they're grimy they can get pretty Nast when not cleaned and it makes it a little harder to get off.

What you may be experiencing is the guide plate getting caught on the chain wrapped around the front sprocket.

Pull the hoses to the side and the front sprocket cover straight out till the guide plate clears the chain. You may need to push it towards the front of the bike a little till it clears. Then slide it out to the right (towards the rear of the bike) till it's free. It will take some wiggling.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Just did this on my '11 the other day when I swapped my swingarm with a black one and Ldn is right, gotta move the hoses out of the way and slide it out. It's hard, but not impossible and there are only the two bolts holding it on. Once you get it out you'll see how it goes.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts