Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, if u went to cali to get sponser and was 2 secs off the race leader pace but was told, "i think we can do better" would u be pissed? cause im pissed.. it wasnt till i realized that the guy wanted a slower rider when i become furious.. then, after all that, it was someone that guy knew. Even thought he said I had skills, phuck that. I dont have a track to practice on, nor was I even comfortable with the bike. I came in 3rd in the race, last in the fight for free stuff, and 1st in the angry black guy races.. rant over..

·
Banned
544 Posts
That does suck for you, but it shows you've got potential- it does sound to me like they had already picked the guy they wanted, maybe the tryout was a formality. Expect that(maybe not on that scale) a bit- for so many people out there, its who you know, or who your dad knows or something like that. Sounds like you need an opportunity to be able to work on your potential/talent- I would take that from the tryout, realize that with some work, you could do good. The last thing you want to do is be bitter about it- do not burn bridges in racing, you never know when someone may need a sub for a race or bunch of races, and maybe you get a call at 1:30 in the morning from someone needing your services. It happens- just keep your head up and keep working on improving, because we all can.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I can tell you from experience, these guys can tell who is running all out and who is only going 85%. THey will take the guy who is going 85% all day, why?

Because he will quickly get faster than the guy who was running 100% all the time.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys but that sucked.. sucked bad and hard. I wouldnt be mad if i didnt fly from Hawaii to go there, or ride a bike i've never been on, or even if i understood a word that dude doin my set up was was sayin... its cool, ill be back, i just need a track to practice. i ran pretty good if u look at all the stuff and all, but do we race to hear we got skills or to win? ill keep at it. i got 5 more yrs to get picked up or the wife will say no...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.