Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a torrent for the English version of the GP race. Every torrent I've tried so far is in Spanish (or so I'm guessing)

Anyone have any luck finding one yet?

I've tried my main two search engines without any luck:
  • Mininova
  • Isohunt
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahah.. I knew you'd come thru with a quick fix for me Moe.

Hopefully, this will tie me over until I can get the real thing.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ArggggggggH SPOILER alert!!!

I don't know how the race ended (and I don't want to find out until I watch it)

:j:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
799 Posts
uhhhh, yeah... am I the ONLY one who doesn't know what the hell a torrent is?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dear Mr Moeman,

You sir are the man. It works! Looks like I have something to do tonight at work =)

Thanks a lot for helping out.

Ben

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
CCSEX122 said:
uhhhh, yeah... am I the ONLY one who doesn't know what the hell a torrent is?
First, download and install a client like the one found here: www.bittorrent.com

Now, say you want to download the lastest GP race. You use a torrent search engine like www.mininova.org or www.isohunt.com and type in something like "motogp turkey". The searh engine will return a list of .torrent files to download the race.

Chose which file that you want to download. Preferably one with many "seeds" (the more seeds, the more servers that are hosting the desired file)

Your computer will download the .torrent file. This torrent file is used in the peer to peer file sharing. The client that you downloaded in the first part (bittorrent) will run the .torrent file and you should begin downloading the desired movie, game, pr0n, whatever...

I hope this somewhat makes sense. Post any questions you might have.

Edit: removed my smarta$s comment because I'm an idiot and misread the above post. Sorry

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
For those that have a question on what Bit Torrents are and why they use them, here's some info:

"Bit Torrent is a novel approach to file distribution. Instead of relying on a busy, slow FTP or website for a bunch of files, Bit Torrent distributes the transfer of files over a network as large as the amount of people using it is. Bit Torrent is a refreshing piece of software, as it forces those who download to upload at the same time in order to continue spreading the file. On a regular website, in order to get the best speeds, it was wise not to tell others about the page. With Bit Torrent, YOU BENEFIT from a larger group of people knowing about a page like this. Bit Torrent pieces together the file you are downloading, to where the first part of a file you get may be the last part someone else gets. As you continue to retrieve the file, Bit Torrent also uploads data to other users - so the person with 98% of the file done is directed to the people with the 2% of the file they still need."

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
predikt said:
For those that have a question on what Bit Torrents are and why they use them, here's some info:

"Bit Torrent is a novel approach to file distribution. Instead of relying on a busy, slow FTP or website for a bunch of files, Bit Torrent distributes the transfer of files over a network as large as the amount of people using it is. Bit Torrent is a refreshing piece of software, as it forces those who download to upload at the same time in order to continue spreading the file. On a regular website, in order to get the best speeds, it was wise not to tell others about the page. With Bit Torrent, YOU BENEFIT from a larger group of people knowing about a page like this. Bit Torrent pieces together the file you are downloading, to where the first part of a file you get may be the last part someone else gets. As you continue to retrieve the file, Bit Torrent also uploads data to other users - so the person with 98% of the file done is directed to the people with the 2% of the file they still need."
great info man it helps to understand the technicallity of such process :icon_salu

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is it not possible to save the motogp vids anymore? Am I forced to just stream it or am I not smart enough to figure out how to save them directly onto my computer? I'm already a member of the motogp site so you dont need to tell me to sign up to that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
it's not possible to save the motogp vids anymore. I've hacked and hacked and tried everything and it just doesn't go.

hit up mininova.org a few days after the race and a torrent is usually posted. Not quite sure how they're getting the wmv files but i'll keep on it :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts