Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you ever seen a race with more passes in the lead group? I've been watching GP for 16 years and I can't remember one. Most of them were pretty clean, but Barbera's move on DeAngelis was bush league. Cool to see KTM win so soon, Aoyama played it smart and didn't get caught up on all that passing, he just stalked the front 5 until a few laps to go. Very intelligent move on his part.

After Barbera punted DeAngelis off the track you could tell he was riding pissed off. He made it back up there only to have what could only be described as a near death experience. I'm 100% serious when I say that I thought he was going to die. Track designers don't account for freakish things like that and I thought he was going to get pancaked between his bike and the armco. As fate would have it, instead it was one of the greatest saves in racing history. DePuniet's save last year in England is at the top of my list, but this was a close second.

If you normally don't watch the 250 race, watch this one... even though you know the outcome it's still worth it. Either way, don't miss the onboard of DeAngelis' save... epic.

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I was at home watching the end of this race during my lunch break. Personally thats the craziest save I have ever seen in a race in my life. Someone needs to find a video of this and post it up for more people to see.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
it was the best second place of all time.... he should ride MX, he loves the grass!!!

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
sonofabitch!!!!!! I am still working on my bathroom renovations and yesterday I had to turn the power off to swap out a few electrical outlets. You guessed it, my damn TiVo was on the same breaker as those outlets and the races did not get recorded....sonofabitch!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
BigTuna said:
sonofabitch!!!!!! I am still working on my bathroom renovations and yesterday I had to turn the power off to swap out a few electrical outlets. You guessed it, my damn TiVo was on the same breaker as those outlets and the races did not get recorded....sonofabitch!!!
Can you believe this, for once you didn't record but I actually did (VHS)!!!
I haven't watched it yet, but as always you are free to grab the tape from me.
I'll probably also try to get it into a computer video file too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
How about that first corner crash? Don't know what the heck that guy was thinking when he torpedoed Jorge Lorenzo.

That save by De Angelis was quite amazing. Seeing it in slow mo, I have no idea how he was even able to keep it on two wheels. I love watching 250, if the big boys would race like that all the time it would be awesome.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I also do not usually watch the 250 race. Boy am I glad I watched this one. For the start, this race keeps you pinned to the TV. So many lead changes. The KTM comes from no where.
The last lap has got to be the best last lap....ever. That near crash was incredible.
I hope someone can post it up on here so I can show the guys at work what I am talking about.
I have it TIVO'd. I have watched it 3 times now.
Can some one please post it up?

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
tuna , you had a chance to watch the race yet, ,, ,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts