Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've done a lot of searching and it seems many people have weird issues with their turn signals. But unfortunatly I have not found one that was they shade of gray that is my issue.

So here goes...

A few weeks ago I installed a flasher relay. My turn signals all worked just fine. I went on a 3 week vacation and I come back and here is where it gets strange.

My front turn signals flash properly. But my back turn signals stay on when I turn them on with a very slight flash. The timing seems right for the turn signals. But they dont shut off like they are supposed to, they just dim a little bit when they are supposed to turn off.

So...Im reading that a common issue may be that its grounding out, although I dont think thats the case.

We did have torrential down pours for a while during the period of my trip, so could humidity be a cause?

Should I be looking at the relay? I mean the timing is perfect, just the back lights staying on with the faint pulse of the "flash".

Beats me

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
How did you wire up the turn signals? Water can do some amazing things since it's a conductor. Solder, Heat shrink is the best way to wire in connections. T

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I used electrical tape. I tightly wove it around all the length of the wire. My electrical jobs have never given me issues before. But I have also noticed that my high beam selector for my headlights is twitchy now. It takes a few flicks to get the high beam to come on. Seems like water is the issue to me.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would check all the connections that you have done. Would guess a short that is your problem. T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has this been resolved? I have the same issue, could be a ground, but I can't seem to find where it's grounding out. I think my battery just doesn't have the juice to run the rear CA Integrated Tail.

Protons up front flash normal, rear flickers.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you do not have resistors installed then the signals can flash so fast they appear to not work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My current setup is:
Protons up front
CA Tail
CustomLed Flasher Relay into harness.

Bike off, Protons blink at correct speed. CA dim and fast flash
Bike running, Protons fast, CA blinks correctly.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Battery???? Have trouble starting the bike? Would keep an eye on it. Sounds like your battery is draining. Led's will show the slightest bit of power drop. T

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll have it checked tomorrow and will respond. Bike starts ok, after being on a charger overnight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts