Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I have an 03 and I am having trouble with the turn signals. I was riding home and a noticed that my signals were not working. After flipping the selector a few times they worked for about 5 seconds then went out again. So when I got home to inspect I found that the front left or right running light goes out when I select left or right. The rear do not work at all. After reading some on the forum and consulting my service manual I am not sure how to proceed. I have checked the fuses, all good. I used a voltmeter to check the wiring and this is were I am stuck. For the front signals, three wires, two orange and a green. One orange has power for what I assume is the running light, the other orange has nothing which I assume is the blinker. Anyways, the turn signal relay is in the meter cluster, is that what is wrong here?

From what I gather from the wiring diagram, if neither front signal is working is it the relay in the cluster? Any options other than buying a new cluster?

Thanks for any input.

Jon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock front signals, aftermarket rear with bulbs not LEDs. No resistors wired in, stock tail light. Checked fuses in left fender, all of those are OK. No other light mods. Bought the bike with no rear signals so I installed those. Already pulled rear cowl and checked that wiring. I installed that about a year and a half ago without any problems, so everything has been fine until this point.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm actually having the same problem right now. Does your brake light function at all?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am pretty sure my brake light functions. You might want to check your fuses if you haven't. I'm afraid my problem runs a bit deeper. Anyone know if aftermarket relays will cure my problem?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You need to get a volt meter and a service manual. It will have a complete wiring diagram and you can check things out with the meter. When you have a problem such as yours, the wiring diagram will show everything and you can keep moving back till you find the cause of the problem.

Here are some generics. Front signals. You have a green wire ( that's ground) and 2 others. One wire is constant 12V when the flashing signal is not in use. When you turn the flasher on... the one that has constant power turns off and the remaining wire has the flashing power.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
stock signals, IIRC, douce the running lights at the front while blinking.

sounds like some loose wiring... to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am gonna pull the front cowl off tonight and start inspection from the meter back I suppose. I got a constant power reading from the front but once a signal is selected it goes out (like it should) however the other power wire is dead. I looked at the wiring diagram and it looked to me like power originites from the meter (battery first obviosly) then to the fronts. I will report back.

Jon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The plug in the back of the meter just fell out when I pulled the upper cowl. Thus that was the problem... Thanks for everyones help as I went through this, sorry it turned out to be nothing..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts