Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the clear alternatives rear light for my 06. I don't have front blinkers due to one side's mount being broken. I have the rear tail light installed w/ resistors and it doesn't blink. I'm guessing due to me not having the front blinkers hooked up??? Can I put a resistor in the front blinker connections to make it think they are there?

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
check to make sure you wired it up correctly, the fuse, and also check your flasher. T.K.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The blinker light, lights up solid. It came these big white Resistor's. I have them hooked up exacly the way the wiring diagram says. There is nothing hooked up to the front blinker connectors.

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
The blinker light, lights up solid. It came these big white Resistor's. I have them hooked up exacly the way the wiring diagram says. There is nothing hooked up to the front blinker connectors.

Guy,

it doesn't matter that the front signal's are not hooked up. the rear has it's own circuit that is feed of the flasher. i'm guessing that the rear signal's worked fine prior to the install. correct? if so, that in my mind eliminates the switch as Slugger had suggested. when you remove the seat, you should see the flasher. it's black, square shapped, and has two wires going to it. if you turn the signal on, then pull the flasher out, the light SHOULD go out.

i have to tell you, i'm on vacation, away from the bike and service manual. i played around with the flasher the one day, and if i recall correctly, when i removed it, the signal stayed lit. then when i plugged it back in, it would blink. i don't recall if the flasher interupted the ground side or the power.

maybe Slugger will chime in with accurate detail from the wiring diagrahms. Slugger? T.K.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot, I'll go check that out

K

·
0 Posts
wait. under the seat? that's not where the Flasher Relay is located... the relay is located inside the dash, integrated.

Now you said that you replaced the rears with Clear Alternative Integrated lights. I assume that they are LED? Since the Draw from the lights is significantly less than what is stock, they will flash very very very very very fast since the front one is missing. you say you have the resistors installed correctly. Would you be so kind as to humor me with a diagram or perhaps a picture or explanation of how it looks? it SHOULD go from the positive wire to the negative with for the flash circuit (if there is one).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just went to honda, basicly no help. They said it must be a wiring problem. They don't think it would be the flasher relay under the mid, but I think it might. How can I test that? Here is the wiring diagram I got from www.Clearalternatives.com Homemade drawing, since i dont have a scanner hooked up right now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also tried putting one of the stock blinkers in the front, still the lights just stay on. They get power, just no flashing. Yes, they are LED. Honda said the flasher for the rear would be in the LED circuit board in the rear light.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
you don't have the resistors wired right.. they are flashing so fast, that the light appears to be solid on..

look at this..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Chris' diagram is BANG ON! That's exactly what I have in my pix but the diagram's a lot more organized...good job Chris. :)

K

·
0 Posts
resisters are connected between the positive and negative wires on the turn signal. if they are connected INLINE of one of the wires, they are wrong and they wont work.

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
Guy,

alright, i'm home. i looked in my manual (2007), the turn signal relay is under the seat. it has a 3 pin connector w/ 2 wires. this send's power to the turn signals both L & R. through the switch. it's a bimetalic srtip. basiclly it sends power, the strip heat's up, open's the circuit, cools and closes. if it's not "opening" the circuit, then the light will stays on, both L & R.

the resistors should be connected in line between the power wire from the bike, to the power leads for the turn signal. the CA light provides ground for the signals through the tail light ground. leave the harness grounds from the stock setup disconnected. let us know what you come up with. T.K.

K

·
0 Posts
Guy,

alright, i'm home. i looked in my manual (2007), the turn signal relay is under the seat. it has a 3 pin connector w/ 2 wires. this send's power to the turn signals both L & R. through the switch. it's a bimetalic srtip. basiclly it sends power, the strip heat's up, open's the circuit, cools and closes. if it's not "opening" the circuit, then the light will stays on, both L & R.
I know that the relay is integrated with the dash on all previous iterations of 600RRs to the 2007 model. this includes the OP's 2006. Since the 2007 has a new dash setup, i'm not surprised they removed it from the dash given the criticism Honda has received regarding aftermarket signal use and flasher solutions.

the resistors should be connected in line between the power wire from the bike, to the power leads for the turn signal. the CA light provides ground for the signals through the tail light ground. leave the harness grounds from the stock setup disconnected. let us know what you come up with. T.K.
the resistor should go between the positive wire and a ground. not sure if this is what you meant.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Guy,

Those green wires in my diagram, and the ones on all the 03-06 bikes go directly to a grounding block on the left side of the subframe, so it would be exactly the same thing as running your own grounds, except using the current Honda engineering that's already in place.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I tried putting the resistors in line and ground to positive. They just dim the light when going ground wire to +. The turn signal wires seem to go to the left mid, none of them go under the seat, So is that relay still under the seat? I though that was the starter relay under the seat.

·
Ride Red
2,041 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
I had a similar problem I think. Does the brake light work? try one of the blinkers, if that blinker you try shuts off but the other one stays on you might have blown a fuse. Also try the horn. I don't know if it makes a difference from year to year, but that is what happened to me. Just my .02

K

·
0 Posts
Before you roast your bike with those resistors, read this thread. http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=52311

It takes 5 mins to put one of those in. Here's a video to show how they work after. http://www.afp520.com/pics/motorcycle/blinker.avi

The reason why your lights appear to be "solid" when they're on is because you have no draw coming from the front blinkers because they aren't hooked up. If they were, your blinkers would work, just blink fast.
the only way he'd roast his bike is if they we're left on for a small eternity.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts