Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gal, I'm new here and just bought a (new to me) 04 60rr and it's a great bike thus far although I had to put it in storage basically right after buying it do to weather. There are only a few things I have questions about and the main one is the turn signals. The previous owner put on after market turn signals ( dont' know the brand), but they are led. They don't blink normally but if you look closely they blink incredibly fast, so fast it basically looks constant. He claims it was because of a resistor problem and I have to just place one in line. Anyone have any knowledge on this? Also just wondering what the long tube is down by the gear shift that has a twist style nut on it? Thanks a lot

a.o.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
here is how you can wire in a resistor to slow the flash rate.
http://customled.com/

The rod with the nuts on it is to adust your shift lever height. Loosen the nuts and you can spin the rod to the desired height then tighten them back up. T

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had the same issue with my 06.. I bought hotbodies flush mounts for the front and they did the same. Due to the fact that my FE had led's as was drawing to much power, with leds the whole point is to use less.. I think ?? So I needed resistors on the front and back. the bitch part is finding the right resistors, how many OHM's and all that jazz.. I went to my buddy's shop who owns a stereo installation business and he wired it up for me.. Try the same thing check your local car stereo shops they will have the right resistors

·
Registered
208 Posts
Go to your local Cycle Gear and pick up a Universal Flasher relay, think its made by Motrax. They sell a Honda one, but it is NOT plug n play for the 600RR. The universal one is the same thing, but it does not have a plug on it and has the added advantage of having some longggg wires on it so you can position it wherever you want.

You will have to do some cutting, splicing ,and soldering, but I really like the flasher route instead of wiring in resistors.

There was a killer writeup here somewhere, I don't know jack about wiring/electronics and I just followed the directions, took my time, and BAM stock flash rate with LED's in the front as well as the back.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
or go to radio shack and buy the biggest resistor they have
(its a large white rectangular cube)
and solder it in across the wires
ground and signal
if you are retaining the running lights you need to put diodes inline on the running light and the turn signal wire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts