Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My turn signals were working fine until this morning (there was a big storm last night and my bike was outside). I'm guessing water got in somewhere, but I'm not sure where to check. The running lights work fine. When I signal left, the left forward signal goes dark, and the rear signal doesn't come on. When I signal right, the right forward signal goes dark and the rear signal doesn't come on. When signaling, the turn signal lights on the dash come on for just a second before going dark. I have flush mounted signals (proton if I remember right) and an integrated tail light (can't remember the brand). The bike is a 2009. I looked around on the message board and it seems like I need a new flasher relay maybe? Can somebody confirm whether this is what I need?
http://www.customled.com/products/flasher_relay/flasher_relay.htm
Hoping it's just that and not something more serious. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a PM about the solution so I figured I'd post here for all to see. I checked the fuses (they were fine) and installed a new relay (didn't help). I ended up having the shop look at it while they were doing some other stuff on the bike.
They took apart the housing over the signal switch and said that it was all types of gunked up. They cleaned it out and everything started working again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
just a suggestion, if you arent already doing so..use a cover man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts