Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I think i fried or did something to the turning signal wires while installing a replacement. It was working and now it won't even turn on. Anyone have a clue what's wrong with it and how i can remedy this situation???

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Signals. Black goes to the green wire.
White goes the orange or blue depending on the side. Blue with white tracer and orange with white tracer are not used. They are running lights.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, i've wired them correctly but it is still not flashing. I think i might have fired the fuse or did something. Because i just ordered these lights and they are not working. any suggestion on what to do next?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I gotta fix this problem too... Ny right signals lights on nut don't flash gets stuck but if I do it a second time right after it flashes

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a forum where it lists how to check for blown fuse and how to replace them? I am very new at this and need step by step instructions. I am positive I've blown the fuse because after I connected them like you said, there are no lights turning on rear or front.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The fuses are under your seat by the battery. If you lift up the rear edges of the seat you will see a bolt on each side holding it on. Remove those two bolts and pull the seat back. Now just pop the cover off the fuse box and replace the appropriate one. The back of the cover will tell you which fuse is for the turn signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, here is the picture. can you point me out which one i need to take out??

The fuses are under your seat by the battery. If you lift up the rear edges of the seat you will see a bolt on each side holding it on. Remove those two bolts and pull the seat back. Now just pop the cover off the fuse box and replace the appropriate one. The back of the cover will tell you which fuse is for the turn signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep. like you pointed out, it was a blown fuse. checked the horn and stop light and it doesn't work either. i was looking at the wrong place. "The fuses are under your seat by the battery. If you lift up the rear edges of the seat you will see a bolt on each side holding it on. Remove those two bolts and pull the seat back. Now just pop the cover off the fuse box and replace the appropriate one. The back of the cover will tell you which fuse is for the turn signals." i didn't find it under my seat it was after taking my left fairing apart i found a fuse box. thanks though. how much are the new fuse thingys?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Couple bucks at auto parts store. Fuse box is in different locations depending on the year RR. Next time note the year RR and it will help with troubleshooting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All right. I got my fuse replaced and got my flushed turn signals, but when I connected them, they are not working. I have tested these turn signals with a battery and they are working fine. Any idea? The person that I ordered these turn signals think that there is something wrong with my wiring. When I turn on the turn signal, my rear ones show up fine. It's just when I try to connect these, they don't light up at all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my 2006 cbr600rr home to find out that my left side turning signals dont work, light up or anything but when i do switch them on, my headlight and taillight dim as if they were trying to blink like the turning signal should be. What should i check or should i do to fix this?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts