Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crap what did i break lol. I have no light at all on my signals solid running or actual blinking lights. My taillight is completely dark. My display is completely dark EXCEPT for the high beam and the mileage. Nothing else works on the display. And of course the third light is out as well. What did i blow? i was working on connecting something to my battery so i have unplugged and replugged the battery in several times. Thoughts, ideas?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked fuses and my illumination 10A was blown. Put in a 20A to see if that helped... When i did my front started smoking. I looked under and the turn signal wire to my left signal was cooking through the wire. Is that because i put a 20 amp in place of the 10? Or do i have a bigger issue?

Thanks btw demented.

D

·
0 Posts
Remove the 20A fuse and put a 10A fuse back in. It had a 10A fuse for a reason. Never ever ever ever ever put a higher amperage fuse in to prevent one from blowing.

You just basically bypassed having a fuse which is what is burning your wires. Fix the electrical short, install a 10A fuse, and be done with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lesson learned:) Now how do i begin to find where the short is? Not sure how i created this short....

Ps i just added heating elements to the bike and connected them directly to the battery...

D

·
0 Posts
Undo everything you did, fix the burnt wire, install 10A fuse and see if it blows again.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Kind of a jump between a low voltage DC system and a 480v three phase AC industrial panel - don't you think?
Principle is the same and when your talking about 12v at 100+ amps the effect can be very similar as well. Two 24V truck batteries in parallel can be used to weld...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Hell, two 12v car batteries can be used to weld depending on the amperage.
See, you get it!

Now I only have to convince everyone else how dangerous this sh*t can be...

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was convinced when I was learning how to weld 10 years ago and I became the ground.
LOL - Funny how those things really sink in when it's our own bodies taking the hit eh!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I was convinced when I was learning how to weld 10 years ago and I became the ground.
I did the same thing learning to TIG weld!

Had my watch on and the ground was attached to the bench (copper top), steadying one hand with the other against the work piece and my watch was resting on the bench, turns out my watch provided a better ground than the vice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts