Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you required to have turn signals if you can just use hand signals?I know its safer having them, just was wondering, because one of mine broke off a long time ago and i never got around to fixing it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i dunno if its required but it's safer to have em. Think of driving at night or those cagers who really dont pay attention..........

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
modulating headlight I believe is the flashing low/hi beam.. Probably seen it on some goldwings...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
tripage said:
modulating headlight I believe is the flashing low/hi beam.. Probably seen it on some goldwings...
Ok so this is what it said. . . . daytime use of headlight: modulating headlight permited

My question is this, sometimes durring the day when i'm in the city or at the beach on the strip ill turn my headlights off. . . is this legal?

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
NO... You are not supposed to be able to turn off your headlights, but I also do it every now and then... Never had a problem..

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
tripage said:
NO... You are not supposed to be able to turn off your headlights, but I also do it every now and then... Never had a problem..
Thats what i figured. I have never had a problem either. . thanks. . .

Trip when u gunna send me some stickers so i can do some advertising for ya?

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
As far as a modulating headlight goes... This is where the voltage of the headlight is decreased as to cause the headlight to flicker. It does not turn off then back on, this is reserved for emergency vehicles only. Also no matter what state you are in it IS legal to use a headlight modulator. Federal Highway Safety Law permits it, This federal law superceeds local and state law.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I know in my state its legal to not have them as hand signals are still allowed but its stupid becuase most drivers these days don't know what they mean.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts