Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much says it all. I have Had front LED turn signals for awhile now and everything was fine. The signals would blink faster but I kind of liked the faster rate. Anyways just a few days ago I bought just some regular LED rear signals and when installed the signals just stay on instead of blink.

I have seen these flasher relays being added in on the harness, I would like to avoid that. Is there another way to resolve this issue?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
The LED flasher relay is the best way to go. You don't have to add it into the harness, just remove the stock one and replace with the LED one. They cost about $20 and take two minutes to install.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The LED flasher relay is the best way to go. You don't have to add it into the harness, just remove the stock one and replace with the LED one. They cost about $20 and take two minutes to install.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

How can I tell the difference? If there's a link I would gladly purchase one as long as I don't have to add the two wires into the harness

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is what I have. It says 2004-200 CBR1000RR but it's the same for 2007-2012 CBR600RR.

Installation is simple. It's plug and play so all you need to do is remove stock relay and plug in new the one. I'll try to find a picture for you as mine is being shipped at the moment.

·
Registered
860 Posts
the 4 LED flashers do not draw enough current to make the thermal relay switch over. you have to either fit resistors or an LED flasher relay. the relay on the 03-06 is in the gauge cluster iirc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 4 LED flashers do not draw enough current to make the thermal relay switch over. you have to either fit resistors or an LED flasher relay. the relay on the 03-06 is in the gauge cluster iirc.

I had tried fitting some resistors onto the turn signals and it never made them blink just stay on and they were dim. I guess if I have to, I will wire the relay into the blue connector I just don't like the idea but it'll get my signals working

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Resistors go in parallel to the lights, not in series.

LED flasher relay is however a better option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts