Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey. is there a technique when it comes to turning the bike on a spot. Like in a garage if you want to put it against the wall so the car can fit too... Will bike stand help?

I am new to it... the guy who delivered the bike when I first bought it, jsut grabbed it by the rear seat lather strap and turned that around... which I cannot image being a smart thing to do, pulling tinny strap to turn around 400lb bike...

Will Center Stand do the trick?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Hey. is there a technique when it comes to turning the bike on a spot. Like in a garage if you want to put it against the wall so the car can fit too... Will bike stand help?

I am new to it... the guy who delivered the bike when I first bought it, jsut grabbed it by the rear seat lather strap and turned that around... which I cannot image being a smart thing to do, pulling tinny strap to turn around 400lb bike...

Will Center Stand do the trick?
yep, stand on kickstand side, grab right side grip, and back end of the tail, lean bike into you on the stand, and then rotate it, best if you pull the tail so theres no pressure in such a way to cause the stand to want to fold up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I grab the tail and hold the handle bar... Alot of us do this but there are different ways to grab the bike. Find whats most comfortable to you. But I wouldnt grab the passanger seat strap.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I do this a lot to get my bike out of difficult parking spots. Its tough to back my bike up when I only have a couple toes that actually touch the ground. I'm only 5'5". I love the look on peoples faces if they have never seen it done before. I had one guy come up to me and ask me how much the bike weighed. I said about 400lbs. He looked at me sized me up and said "how the hell did you just pick up 400lbs?" It does look as if your picking the bike up. Am I the only one that's bent a kickstand from repeatedly doing it?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sadly, you're not the only one. I'm pretty sure that mine has gradually bowed outward a little over the years of doing this to turn the bike around in the garage, but only a little bit. The bike just leans over a little more than it used to when it's on the stand. Still an incredibly useful technique if you really need to turn it on a dime, just be careful...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I do it all the time, but maybe have someone help you if it's your first try with it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
okay, so I'm a pretty strong guy, but has anyone else had trouble when trying to do this with a Ninja 250R? My neighbor has one and can't believe that I can spin my bike in circles and he's stuck backing it out.

I tried rotating it, but i swear 80% of the weight is fore of the kickstand.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
okay, so I'm a pretty strong guy, but has anyone else had trouble when trying to do this with a Ninja 250R? My neighbor has one and can't believe that I can spin my bike in circles and he's stuck backing it out.

I tried rotating it, but i swear 80% of the weight is fore of the kickstand.
r6 has the same type of deal, when i spin my buddys, i grab the left grip, grab the seat strap get it on the stand then push on the passenger seat while i spin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts