Votes: 28 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 40.4%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about turning my graffiti into Red Konica Minolta, worth it? They are charging 80 bucks for the complete job with wheels paint too.

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
To do it right and have the best fit ever use the OEM fairings i know its way cheaper to get the Chinese fairings but again the fit is not 100% perfect as OEM

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's my exact thought. That's why I use my graffiti fairing to do custom paint job. He did a custom paint job on my friend's R6 and it came out flawlessly, I think I will give it a try since I can change to black matte graffiti for around 80-100 bucks.

Here is what the guy did to my friend's R6

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
In that case go for it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Damm, if it turns out anything like that i'd say jump on it.. even though konica minolta is overplayed IMO

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:+1:the R6 looks great and $80 would be crazy cheap IMO
Yup crazy cheap. He does car paint job, so whenever we bring a bike in for the paint he always says "it's a pain in the a** to paint your bike", but he always did a great job on my friends', so I want to try mine. I did search and found from red and black metallic, I will probably use those colors to make the bike stands out.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
$80 is a steal if you know this guy does quality work.

So you're doing the Konica minolta paint scheme only, no decals correct?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Is that how they normally cost?
It depends on the difficulty and how many color he has to use. Normally, he charge between 80-120 for the whole paint job.

wow, that's an awesome price for a paint job. do it!
Go for it man, that R6 looks great so you know his work is good.
Thanks guys, I will post up pictures next week.
$80 is a steal if you know this guy does quality work.

So you're doing the Konica minolta paint scheme only, no decals correct?
You're correct, he only does the paint job, and I have get decal by myself. It normally runs about 30-40 for the whole decal kit.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Damn, I wish it were that cheap everywhere...I have an unpainted set of OEM HRC fairings sitting in a box because I haven't been able to find a painter for cheap yet...

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Honestly, I haven't really looked :p I think I might just leave them unpainted. They're basically black fairings - in between glossy and matte. What I really want is an all metallic black :)

Hope you can find one soon. :D or maybe you should learn how to paint.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
It depends on the difficulty and how many color he has to use. Normally, he charge between 80-120 for the whole paint job.
Damn a basic paint job on track fairings cost a minimum $300 around here.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Honestly, I haven't really looked :p I think I might just leave them unpainted. They're basically black fairings - in between glossy and matte. What I really want is an all metallic black :)
You may want to check any color code from either car or bike ( I prefer car color), and find the right one for you and let the painter does his job.

Damn a basic paint job on track fairings cost a minimum $300 around here.
The guy said he can definitely do it, all I need to do is to add the decal. It's not a piece of cake, but he said he has done much harder paint jobs. The reason he charges me so less because he's a friend of friend. I will take pictures of final product this weekend

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.