Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a wrecked 07 a while back from a track bike and been sorting through all of the broken bits trying to get this thing track worthy. The front end was slightly twisted and I have been trying to get it to straigten out but its been nearly impossible to get it perfect.

I have heard the old method of loosening the lower tripples and holding the front wheel and jerking on the handlebars to straighten it out but this seems like its next to impossible to get it perfect.

Also I noticed something interesting that I dont know if any of you are aware of but the gap on the left and right side of the top of the wheel compared to the forks is different. If you were to sit on the bike the right fork is slightly farther from the wheel than the left. At first we thought it was just something wrong with the new bike but I confimed it by looking at my street 07. Any ideas?

Anyone have any tricks or secrets to straightening the forks in the tripple.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
lossen the four bolts on thebottom of the forks and hit them with a mallet then spin the tire a hit the brakes hard if the forks are bound this will fis them you also might want to check if you stearing colum is bent or has damaged bearings

1 - 2 of 2 Posts