Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddies and I went riding yesterday. We got pulled over twice within one hour by CHP. We weren't speeding, and both times they told us that we were pulled over for numerous mechanical violations. License plate, flushmounts, etc.

Luckily I had one of those get out of jail free cards as others on this forum do. After I provided my I.D. they told me "OK, Thanks, I just wanted to check out your bikes. See you later."

No complaints. Just sharing.

·
Registered
688 Posts
get out of jail card? maybe im just a noob

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
No you're not cause I have no idea what me means.

When I first got my bike I got pulled over a lot because of the temp tag I had on it. One day I got pulled over FOUR times within two hours. Finally when the third cop pulled me over and I told him I just bought the bike and popped the tail to show him the papers he was like "Oh okay you don't have to show me all of that." I told him "Look you're the thrid to stop me and I got the bike off and the tail opened, you're gonna look at them whether you like it or not." We both got a chuckle out of that.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
silver05 said:
Luckily I had one of those get out of jail free cards as others on this forum do. After I provided my I.D. they told me "OK, Thanks, I just wanted to check out your bikes. See you later."
Must be a cop??

·
Registered
374 Posts
Last week a bike cop pulled up behind me with his lights on, on the freeway, and yelled at me 'Get a plate on that thing and stop being an idiot!' then he took off. Cool cop I guess :p

C

·
0 Posts
Seriously, I like to keep my run intos with the CHP to a minimum. That's why I rock the reflectors and OEM turnsignals (w/ clear lenses and amber bulbs) The CHP has no reason to hassle me and I like it that way..

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've used my military ID to get out of so many tickets its rediculous. But i've had cops pull me over just so they could check out my car before. Damn cops waisting my time =/

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cvlighthouse said:
Seriously, I like to keep my run intos with the CHP to a minimum. That's why I rock the reflectors and OEM turnsignals (w/ clear lenses and amber bulbs) The CHP has no reason to hassle me and I like it that way..
I hear ya....

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I've been pulled over a couple times but no tickets. Once for speeding and the other a dealer tag looked fake. I was just respectful and they let me go both times.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
silver05 said:
yup.......
Can't you just in the computer when your plates get ran, that you are a cop?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sort of, you can register your information as confidential. When an officer runs your plate the return will say confidential out of whatever department your with. It wont specifically say your a cop.

·
Registered
129 Posts
what? how do you go about whipping the military ID out? Just pull it out rather than the drivers license and hope the cop doesn't realize that you are just trying to use it to get out of a ticket? I have one, but never pulled it out because I figured the cops would just think I was trying to bribe' them or something...

·
Registered
223 Posts
My buddy is a prosecuting attorney for the state of Illinois. He gets to carry a badge and you should see how peeps straighten up when he whips out his wallet to buy lunch or something... they see that badge and assume he's 5-0, it's too funny.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
zymurguy said:
My buddy is a prosecuting attorney for the state of Illinois. He gets to carry a badge and you should see how peeps straighten up when he whips out his wallet to buy lunch or something... they see that badge and assume he's 5-0, it's too funny.
Nice, i wish i could see there faces

1 - 20 of 20 Posts