Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first bike. 2006 honda 600rr and took it around the block...is it supposed to seem like there is alot of slack in the chain or am i just not smooth on the throttle yet? Sorry for the dumb questions.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome welcome chances are being brand new your not being very smooth but hey check out the slack on the chain and there is a marker on the rear of the swing arm by the bolt that will indicate where your chain should be and if the rear wheel is straight

Also where in the midwest are you from?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Welcome to the site. I was like thqat when I first started to ride too. Also after I got a PCIII it totally smoooooothed it out. Lets see pics of the bike

·
Registered
428 Posts
you dont need a pc to smooth it out, save your money till you comfortable with the bike, if your not comfortable yet no pc will help that

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea +1000

The throttle is a little sensitive..

I looked like i was having a seizure the fist few day on my bike...
But then again, I never rode a bike in my life before i got on my rr...

I drove a stick-shift car for a year before i bought her, and that was the only reason i didnt wipe out... I kinda understood the whole clutch gear concept, but it was kinda hard trying to adjust to changing the gears with my foot and the clutch with my hand tho..

I took my '03 straight to work from the dealer and i been riding her ever since :cruising:

Anyway dont worry its normal

·
Registered
796 Posts
Welcome aboard. You think the throttle is twitchy on the 600RR try being smooth on a GSXR600 or 750. You'll be amazed at the smoothness of your bike.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice,

and then more practice.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took her out today and used the clutch a little more...coming from racing 4wheelers i was always wanting just to pull it in all the way and let go. Its getting much easier to ride. Thanks

And for whoever asked I live in Newton, IA

C

·
0 Posts
Midwest05 said:
Just picked up my first bike. 2006 honda 600rr and took it around the block...is it supposed to seem like there is alot of slack in the chain or am i just not smooth on the throttle yet? Sorry for the dumb questions.
*edit*
Were the 4 wheelers you raced thumb throttle? The muscles in your wrist need to be trained. Pratice being smooth and rolling on the throttle very slow. Baby steps. A jerky throttle leads to a jerky bike. Lots of major accidents are a result of poor throttle control common with riders who have no previous motorcycle experience.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Do you have alot of freeplay on your throttle? You can adjust the cables on the throttle. I did this, and now tis alot smoother.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts