Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting the DVD as we speak (if it works) If It works, and anyone would like it, I wouldn't mind sending copies of the DVD out to members of the Forum. For Free. Kinda like my version of the "Pay It Forward" thread. If anyone would like a copy. say so in here, and Or PM Me. I'll keep everyone posted on whether or not it downloads!

·
BOTM winner 11/12
720 Posts
Very nice of you Mr tribal. I know from the rest of your posts you always have good Intentions, but the mods might not like that idea.

We can't use .net to hand out or distribute copyrighted material unlawfully. But none the less, nice thought sir...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice of you Mr tribal. I know from the rest of your posts you always have good Intentions, but the mods might not like that idea.

We can't use .net to hand out or distribute copyrighted material unlawfully. But none the less, nice thought sir...

aw, crap! I didn't think of it like that. Can I get this thread deleted?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
or instead lol instead of giving out the DVD I can just do a Live stream on justin.TV for anyone who wants to watch the movie!? Or something or somehow get it to our members, just to view it!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely a good instructional video. Every new rider should watch it and accompany with the book.

Exactly! thats how i feel and Im a new rider, I LOVE this video!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH my yes! Way too much information for me haha I take it one section at a time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
COpyrights and such

Thanks to WckedIntentions for respecting copyright laws.

I'm very happy riders are able to use the DVD and my books, nothing makes me feel better than to know riders are improving, that's my job in life.

Unfortunately for me, the DVD cost $475,000.00 to make and I still owe a lot of that to various folks who believed in the project, other riders mostly.

On Amazon, it's $20 or less. Every sale knocks down that money owed by a few dollars. No one has made a penny, including me, from the sales so far.

It did take me four years and roughly 3,500 hours of my own time to make it happen. So, from one rider to another, please buy it and a few extra copies for Chrissy presents if you know someone who could use it.

I hate to burden anyone with this but, it takes time every month to get illegal copies off the net. I still owe $250,000. Unless I get a government grant and someone else does all the finance worries, all the problems really have soured me on ever making another one even though I have loads of material which would be helpful to riders.

This is my 55th year of riding. I love this sport beyond words and always want to help out when I can and it makes me feel bad when I can't, or, like now, when I don't want to because of money worries.

Thanks,

Keith

·
BOTM winner 11/12
720 Posts
Wow, can't believe Keith Code posted up here! lol.

I love the DVD and have probably watched it 107 times. With probably another 107 to go before I "get" it all. The book was good but I like to have the visual to go along with it. Thanks for all the hard work that you and your team put into it, and the book as well. Sounds quite expensive. Hopefully it works out, and you can continue to make things like that for us riders that really need information like that.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the both books, the DVD and was able to take an abbreviated 2-day course taught by Dylan Code and the Superbike school team for the military. Just like many of the previous posts, I have learned a ton from all this instruction. I am planning to attend the 2-day track course next year and look forward to learning even more. I would definitely recommend this program of instruction to anyone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well worth the purchase! Had never heard of this before I joined the forum, but figured it was something that I needed to check out by the sounds of it.

And here I am posting in the same thread as Mr. Code. So Amazon is the place to buy it if we want the proceeds to head back to you?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to WckedIntentions for respecting copyright laws.

I'm very happy riders are able to use the DVD and my books, nothing makes me feel better than to know riders are improving, that's my job in life.

Unfortunately for me, the DVD cost $475,000.00 to make and I still owe a lot of that to various folks who believed in the project, other riders mostly.

On Amazon, it's $20 or less. Every sale knocks down that money owed by a few dollars. No one has made a penny, including me, from the sales so far.

It did take me four years and roughly 3,500 hours of my own time to make it happen. So, from one rider to another, please buy it and a few extra copies for Chrissy presents if you know someone who could use it.

I hate to burden anyone with this but, it takes time every month to get illegal copies off the net. I still owe $250,000. Unless I get a government grant and someone else does all the finance worries, all the problems really have soured me on ever making another one even though I have loads of material which would be helpful to riders.

This is my 55th year of riding. I love this sport beyond words and always want to help out when I can and it makes me feel bad when I can't, or, like now, when I don't want to because of money worries.

Thanks,

Keith
HOLY CRAP KEITH CODE!!!!!!!!! WOW DUDE! Don't worry I wasn't going to hand out the DVD I bought it. Now everyone else should too! Im sorry for even suggesting it! I was just trying to be nice to my fellow members here. And you are an AWESOME instructor! I heard you do Track INstruction in california is that true? Once again, I'am Sorry!

·
Registered
6 Posts
HOLY CRAP KEITH CODE!!!!!!!!! WOW DUDE! Don't worry I wasn't going to hand out the DVD I bought it. Now everyone else should too! Im sorry for even suggesting it! I was just trying to be nice to my fellow members here. And you are an AWESOME instructor! I heard you do Track INstruction in california is that true? Once again, I'am Sorry!
I know, that's part of what I was trying to say, we get this urge to help riders improve and that is a very cool thing to do. I feel weird even asking people not to share but life imposes other problems on us and sometimes they have price tags :-(

Keith

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know, that's part of what I was trying to say, we get this urge to help riders improve and that is a very cool thing to do. I feel weird even asking people not to share but life imposes other problems on us and sometimes they have price tags :-(

Keith
Price Tags SUCK! Your videos Don't... I think I need to buy a book now haha... You guys should make it into a smaller version, more handheld (if you havent already) So we can store them in the Rear Cowl compartment on our bikes!!!! If I had that yesterday at the twisties, I woulda stopped to pull over and read! 2nd Time of Twisties, Could of used it! haha.. Trying to remember what the video taught me while bombing through s turns!!!!

Thanks for everything that you have done for the community! You are a great man, and greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Price Tags SUCK! Your videos Don't... I think I need to buy a book now haha... You guys should make it into a smaller version, more handheld (if you havent already) So we can store them in the Rear Cowl compartment on our bikes!!!! If I had that yesterday at the twisties, I woulda stopped to pull over and read! 2nd Time of Twisties, Could of used it! haha.. Trying to remember what the video taught me while bombing through s turns!!!!

Thanks for everything that you have done for the community! You are a great man, and greatly appreciated!
Thanks, that a hard statement to live up to but it made me think about how cool my job of research and developing riding skills and techniques has been so I wrote my next column for Motorcyclist Mag yesterday and entitled it, "The Best Job In The World".

So, thanks to all, you got me thinking.

Keith

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your welcome and thank you for blessing my thread with your presence!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks to Keith for posting. I was going to say free copies are stealing from a very important member of our community. Keith basically wrote or rewrote the book for many of us racers. Pay the $20 please and support those who support us

1 - 20 of 62 Posts