Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got mine in yesterday. I recommend it for the novice and expert alike. Has some really good tips and some dry humor but hey no one said Keith Cole was ever funny. I wonder if the book hits the same points or if it goes more into detail? I wish he would have expanded on some topics but I really enjoyed the different camera angles showing proper technique. In this aspect, I feel the book would have kept me wondering. Since I am a more visual person any way.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Up in the bay area a few friends went to his class he tought. It rained so he didn't get to ride his bikes that he has to demonstrate what he's saying but they said that it was all really dry and it looked like he didn't have any kind of set topic to speak about and he kept bouncing around. I have twist of the wrist I & II and I have to force myself to read it. Sport Riding Techniques was alot better and kept me reading.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean. He is not very specific at times and he keeps focusing on "paying" attention. It got old but I really enjoyed the different camera angles that show what each section of the bike looks like. I did have to watch it over a period of 2 days b/c I fell asleep the first time through.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
We sell those DVDs as well.

Let me know if you want any.

I also recommend watching:

WSBK 2001 Review
WSBK 2002 Review
Isle of Man TT Review 2001
Isle of Man TT Review 2002
Isle of Man TT Review 2003
MotoGP Review 2002

... all available on DVD... and all worth watching.

Later... Nick - MRI

·
Registered
734 Posts
I want to get a DVD that will help with turns, specifically at higher speeds. I know there are quite of few of the people I ride with that either do not get off the bike (like me) or get off but are not doing it correctly. I am guessing Twist is the best to get the technique down.

Thanks

Rippey

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
im planning on taking keith code's class at willow springs... hopefully by the end of March or early April... but I wanna watch the DVDs also...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hi Havoc,

Twist is the only that I know which is instructional.

However, I strongly suggest watch the WSBK DVDs. Watching the super close and slow-motion footage of the race riders does help in practicing different techniques will riding on the TRACK. Plus... you will pretty much get addicted to watching Bostrom, Bayliss, Haga, and Edwards battle it out race after race. The commentators (Steve Parish and Charlie Cox)... are so much better than the AMA stuff.

What also works REALLY well... is getting someone to video tape you while they follow you. You can watch what you are doing right and wrong... and also your lean angles, etc. Helps LOADS.

Good luck... Nick - MRI

havoc said:
Its good for basics but I guess the best tutorial wold be found at the track. Hey Nick which DVD's are instructional?

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
ridersinc said:
We sell those DVDs as well.

Isle of Man TT Review 2001
Isle of Man TT Review 2002
Isle of Man TT Review 2003

Later... Nick - MRI
Now that's some riding. I love when speedvision airs it, Lots of bike cam shots. Pull your chair 2 feet from the TV and try not to lean too much.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
IMHO... you'll be addicted to these DVDs:

- WSBK 2001
- WSBK 2002
- Isle of Man TT Review 2001
- Isle of Man TT Review 2002
- Isle of Man TT Review 2003

I have had friends come over... watch this stuff while hanging out... and then show up a week later with a bike... and wanting to go to the track. The camera shots are that good. Blow anything away as far as AMA is concerned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts