Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tire is badly cocked to the left when the clipons are pointing straight forward. Forks are straight when you lay a straight edge against them, anyone know how to fix this? Just recently picked up the bike and noticed this issue since I have yet to ride it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ceph said:
support the bike with a wood block on a floor jack from under the oil pan. loosen both the upper and lower triples, then straighten them out.
Thanks Ceph, I figured it was that easy but just needed to double check.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Did you take the forks out to check them? Pull the front tire off and put the axle back in. See how the axle lines up in both of the forks. You should be able to spin the axle with 2 fingers otherwise the axle is binding. Loosen the forks like Ceph was saying. Put 1 fork slightly above the groove line in the triple-clamp and tighten the top bolts. Then adjust the height of the other fork so the axle spins freely. If the axle won't line up or spin freely then one or both forks may be twisted.

Relative thread with pictures.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=49107

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NewRedRider said:
Did you take the forks out to check them? Pull the front tire off and put the axle back in. See how the axle lines up in both of the forks. You should be able to spin the axle with 2 fingers otherwise the axle is binding. Loosen the forks like Ceph was saying. Put 1 fork slightly above the groove line in the triple-clamp and tighten the top bolts. Then adjust the height of the other fork so the axle spins freely. If the axle won't line up or spin freely then one or both forks may be twisted.

Relative thread with pictures.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=49107
Well if this ends up being the case good thing I have a spare set of forks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts