Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha... I got sent home early from work today ( I got suspended) so I decided to go ride some twisties for the first time. Nothing too hairy, BUT MAN IS IT FUN!!!!!!!!! I wanna do It all the time now, going in a straight line is BORING now!

Anyone else feel the same? or know of any other twisties in Northern Califronia? Im from San Mateo, San Francisco-San Jose is about my range Hollister and gilroy possibly too!

Anyone have any good twistie experiences this weekend? Lemme know!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh I've been experimenting with new riding too. It's crazy how much the bike can actually do when you let it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

I hear you, like I was gonna hit a turn and the sign said 25 MPH with a left hook shape (hahaha) I was going 35, and I said to myself "Don't be cocky, but you can make it, you gotta get these chicken strips off your bike" and I started to lean into it, and I thought to myself again " Oh ****, you went in too hot. NO What does Noble 6 Wanna do?" (Noble 6 is my bikes name to clarify). So I looked down at my gas tank, then i remembered to look through my turn. As I looked through, my throttle hand naturally gave it throttle, Noble got in his groove, the turn started going faster, and my lean was deeper.

I gave my bike the option he gave me the solution

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
wanna ride up to berryessa? it's maybe a 40 min ride from san mateo, but you have to cross 2 bridges. closer to you though, there's alice's corner, just google highway 84 and 35. that's right off the 280, past woodside.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wanna ride up to berryessa? it's maybe a 40 min ride from san mateo, but you have to cross 2 bridges. closer to you though, there's alice's corner, just google highway 84 and 35. that's right off the 280, past woodside.

Im down!!!!!!!!!! haha I got 8 days off, Ill try and bring my friend Pikachu with me!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha... I got sent home early from work today ( I got suspended) so I decided to go ride some twisties for the first time. Nothing too hairy, BUT MAN IS IT FUN!!!!!!!!! I wanna do It all the time now, going in a straight line is BORING now!

Anyone else feel the same? or know of any other twisties in Northern Califronia? Im from San Mateo, San Francisco-San Jose is about my range Hollister and gilroy possibly too!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
It's the best part about riding IMO. Just be safe and wear the proper gear and don't push yourself more then you can handle. Go at your own pace to get familiar with the roads then you can push it a little more once you know them and get the lines correct. Have fun, be safe!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the best part about riding IMO. Just be safe and wear the proper gear and don't push yourself more then you can handle. Go at your own pace to get familiar with the roads then you can push it a little more once you know them and get the lines correct. Have fun, be safe!

Oh man, you bet your ass its fun! HELLA fun! haha Yeah I wear my jacket, I think before I get into any more real like HIGH end twisties im gonna buy some riding pants, cause im riding with dickies or jeans NEVER SHORTS! haha I got gloves and a helmet but I'd like riding pants, and boots!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
603 Posts
maybe a stupid question. but what are "Gauntles Gloves"
Gauntlet gloves are full length gloves that go a few inches past your wrist. Also very important to get a hard shell back protector (not just the foam one in your jacket.) And the most important thing you can do is learn how to ride proper, so you don't crash in the first place. I always suggest starting with the movie "Twist of the Wrist II". Watching and learning that will have you riding with the best of 'em in no time :) I saw a link on here recently for the full video (someone had posted it on youtube)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gauntlet gloves are full length gloves that go a few inches past your wrist. Also very important to get a hard shell back protector (not just the foam one in your jacket.) And the most important thing you can do is learn how to ride proper, so you don't crash in the first place. I always suggest starting with the movie "Twist of the Wrist II". Watching and learning that will have you riding with the best of 'em in no time :) I saw a link on here recently for the full video (someone had posted it on youtube)

If you look up my posts. I posted the whole video of Twist of The Wrist II!!!! But yeah I understand and thank you! It's a great movie, thats why Im working on it! Throttle Control baby.. And NO SR'S!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the video you posted was removed from youtube.... Sucks cuz i was actually trying to find twist of the wrist 2 earlier today

weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the video you posted was removed from youtube.... sucks cuz I was actually trying to find Twist of the Wrist 2 earlier today

Im actually downloading twist of the wrist right now! So I made a thread, for it. Anyone who wants the DVD (if it works) Is to PM me, and I'll send out free copies to everyone who wants it!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
****, I hope thats not too illegal now that I think about it!

·
Registered
433 Posts
It's illegal but who cares.
This is the modern age when information gets shared by the billions.
I'm half way threw that movie. Shoot me file please and thanks.

Ps. Socal>nocal

posting on the go

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
hwy 9 is VG... workdays at 10-11am is a good time. return from Ben lomond at 1pm.....

Skyline is "legendary" but an LEO hellhole....(and squids....sometimes). avoid it weekends after 9 am, but a trip to Skyline and 84 on sat am is an eyeopener.

watch out for push bike cyclists at all times....

hwy 84 to the coast is good also but traffic is unpredictable

84 to 92 on skyline is ok but......

watch out for SM cty sherriffs ALL the time.... they will shamelessly hide in bushes to get your a** ($money)...as my prior experience(s) have demonstrated.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hwy 9 is VG... workdays at 10-11am is a good time. return from Ben lomond at 1pm.....

Skyline is "legendary" but an LEO hellhole....(and squids....sometimes). avoid it weekends after 9 am, but a trip to Skyline and 84 on sat am is an eyeopener.

watch out for push bike cyclists at all times....

hwy 84 to the coast is good also but traffic is unpredictable

84 to 92 on skyline is ok but......

watch out for SM cty sherriffs ALL the time.... they will shamelessly hide in bushes to get your a** ($money)...as my prior experience(s) have demonstrated.

I noticed that. I took a turn and slowed down WAY before the turn. something told me to slow down I dunno what it was in me that did. I saw a squid in the road!!!!!!!! An R1 squid. His FleshTone gear looked so protective! I might buy it. And to the left of my turn (it was a sharp left) Cop in the bushes!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts