Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once my '07 is fully warmed up, I notice that the idle doesn't stay constant at 1300rpm. It jumps between ~1200-1400 rpm, is this normal? I did a fresh oil change (3 qts Honda GN4 + Honda filter). Bike only has 3700 miles.

I'm assuming that this is normal?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always pump Shell or Chevron 91 and use Lucas/Techron additives every few months. Change the spark plugs? I know the manual says to change them at 8k, but could it be just time? The bike is now 3.5 yrs old.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. Absolutely zero performance mods, even stock air filter/exhaust.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
It's worth checking the condition of the plugs, and putting a timing light on it and making sure that its correct...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When was the last time you had it serviced?
200 miles ago, I did the oil change.

It's worth checking the condition of the plugs, and putting a timing light on it and making sure that its correct...
I'm thinking of either taking it to a shop to have them adjust the throttle cables and just doing an overall quick check-up or waiting until my next oil change in some 2800 miles (2-3 months).

Not a really big concern at this moment as the bike runs like a champ. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
200 miles ago, I did the oil change.

I'm thinking of either taking it to a shop to have them adjust the throttle cables and just doing an overall quick check-up or waiting until my next oil change in some 2800 miles (2-3 months).

Not a really big concern at this moment as the bike runs like a champ. What do you think?
Well mate, having an idle that is constantly varying isn't normal but I don't see it doing to much harm if you left it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts