Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, probably like most people searching for exhaust, appearance was jsut as important as sound. I wanted something that looked like it fit, and most exhausts stick out further than I wanted to deal with. But dont let that sway you from getting what you want. I just finished making my custom two brothers can. Check it out.

That is the C5 carbon can, shortened and straightened the exhaust so it doesnt hang left like so many two bro's cans do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its really easy, you just drill out the rivets, and mark for a straight cut, and use a metal blade or fiberglass blade on a band saw. Make sure you dont cut the end towards the tip, but the mounting end. Just mark where to drill for the new rivets, and drill them out. Find a place that sells stainless steel rivets so you can match them up with the factory rivets and its ready to go. A little stunter know how, they all cut they're exhausts to keep them from scraping.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I wanted something that looked like it fit, and most exhausts stick out further than I wanted to deal with.
Let me know when your rear tail light starts getting all black from carbon ;]

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I used a jardine midpipe to straighten it...
Use grease lightning or simple green to get the carbon off your taillight...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts