Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as the title states, I just bought a new set of rims (they were super cheap .. 100.00 for front and rear in great condition) My original rims are alright but the front was damaged by the PO. The core of my question is this.. Should I send the front off to a wheel repair shop and keep both sets that way I either A) have a set ready to mount when I cash out the other set or B) have a street set and a track set.

Orrrr should I just sale one set after the repair work is done ??

I plan to be a track whore next season but then again circumstances change... What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
A street set and a track set makes the most sense. Repair the damaged original, if it is salvageable, then keep it as your spare.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheel shop I have been speaking to seems to be damn sure they can almost repair any wheel no matter the damage.. the damage is about typical for a curb check from hell.. the lip is folded out about 1/4" or so.. still round and still rolls smooth but it has issues holding the bead.

Oh and N Sandhu.. That is the direction I am leaning but I just needed the reassurance :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The wheel shop I have been speaking to seems to be damn sure they can almost repair any wheel no matter the damage.. the damage is about typical for a curb check from hell.. the lip is folded out about 1/4" or so.. still round and still rolls smooth but it has issues holding the bead.

Oh and N Sandhu.. That is the direction I am leaning but I just needed the reassurance :D
Most definitely man its the best way to go. If you are going to track your bike, having a spare set is such a luxury! You've got an option most people dont, so take full advantage of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts