Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a full jardine exhuast waiting to be installed but i went ahead and just did the slip on for now so i can have the bike together for a track day comming up. anyways....

jardine rt one slip on is leaking where the clamp is.... how do i fix that?. i tried tightening the nut on the clamp more but i can still feel a leak. i also repositioned it and retightened same leak wtf? i dont want to use any kind of glue seals because i will be installing the new headers after my track day and i dont want to have any issues getting the slipon off the old headers. suggestions please. also can someone direct me to a link with clear illustration of a pc3 install on an 03. i found one for an 07 but its incomplete doesnt show how to get to the bottom injectors. i have to remove airbox?

thanks in advance fellas...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
When I initially put my S-pipe onto the head pipe, I noticed a bit of a gap myself. I got the floor jack out and lightly put pressure from the bottom of the head pipe up to the S-pipe, tighten the t-clamp and it was golden. No leaks. :shakehand

*I made sure that the t-clamp covered the slots on the S-pipe as well. Just thought I would mention that too..lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ive been experiencing a similar leak with my leo for my 09 I never saw a gasket and I asked the guy at STG about it and he said it was no gasket for it so I've just been dealing with it. Any negative outcome from the small leak there?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is a muff tape or sealant you can get from autozone. i didnt want to use anything cause im taking it all back apart soon. any leakage is leak in performance.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Ive been experiencing a similar leak with my leo for my 09 I never saw a gasket and I asked the guy at STG about it and he said it was no gasket for it so I've just been dealing with it. Any negative outcome from the small leak there?
yeah, like chef said. leaks are bad. no matter how small. when i put my akra on, i had a small leak to. all i did was push the slip on down farther and tightened it up more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts